Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First races of the season this weekend. Saturday's weather looks iffy at best, but Sunday should provide a good opportunity to use the r-comps.

HS will be the class and I know I have a Mazda 3 in the class with me. He runs r-comps as well so we will see.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck.

Did you get a front brace to use?
Can't add a front brace and stay in HS. May look into a bigger front sway bar when a reliable one comes out.

r u gonna shoot video?
Yes, but I would have forgotten if you hadn't asked. Time to charge the GoPro.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Good luck, gomarlins! Are you running Hoosiers or Kumhos, and what size? No shocks or FSB yet, right?

Keep us posted. We've got another event Sunday as well.
coilovers would put him in the street prepared class i believe. the car is stock minus tires if i remember correctly. He hasnt gotten a FSB because the Cusco is the only available one (and its expensive for no reason)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kuhmo 710's 215/45/16's

Haven't heard of a front sway bar that is reliable. I have been told that the Cusco one breaks.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sitting 2nd right now in our class. Live scoring @ srrscca.com if anyone cares. Only going to run the morning though so I only have 2 runs left.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All dry runs (rain came after my run group). Temps about 35 with a VERY cold wind. Asphalt surface with painted parking lines. Some standing water to begin with, but was dry by run #3.

Run #1- spun, luckily planned ahead of time just in case and remembered to shove it into Neutral (CVT) before ending up backwards. Brand new/not heat cycled Kuhmo's- too much rear pressure (I wanted to induce a little oversteer)- cold pavement- too mch speed. All of it added up to a spin. Tire pressures of F32 R35

Run#2, better, but still no heat in the tires. Time came down some but the back end still wanted to lead. Pressures- F32 R32

Run #3- called off course (I am going to watch the video because I STILL don't believe it). Better front traction after the first 200 feet. Back end was better. Good time, but DNF call made me mad. Pressures- F32 R30

Run #4- went very well. Good traction front and back and car feet much better. Still not 100% confident like I am with the S, but I have been autoXing that for 9 years. Good time,but only good enough for second place in HS by just under 1 second. Pressures- F32 R30

All-in-all it went o.k. I had a little higher hopes, but I think once the tires get some heat cycles in them and I get more confidence in what DeeDee is doing and going to do, I truly believe I can be competitive in HS in our region. Another round tomorrow, but again we are suppose to have very cold temps and possible rain/snow mix.

Final results:
1Tm HS 97 Jeffrey McVey 50.821
[-]0.988
2 m HS 3 Jonathan Wright 51.809
+0.988
3 HS 13 George Coe 52.905
+1.096

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^Just the friction of the turns, that's why it takes so long. I am trying to adjust using lower pressures, but not having a whole lot us success.

Off we go to day #2.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.