Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! It's been a lil bit but I'm finally gonna pull the trigger on a few fun and "necessary" parts. And I'm pretty sure alot of the questions I have have already been answered.

I recently watched a lil vid regarding these upgrades. One I'm particularly interested in is the throttle body upgrade.

Just wanted to clarify a few things with the CRZ gods that roam the forum.

The list of mods goes a little something like this....most of you have already performed these upgrades.

GE8 manifold
Takeda intake
HKS silent hi-power catback
Fit cam shaft
8th gen civic throttle body

Will i need a tune with these upgrades? I would assume a tune is needed with the cam shaft, and possibly throttle body. Would I need to tune for just the GE8 manifold, takeda, and hks? Would the throttle body swap be an actual upgrade, and how?

What extra parts should i order? Gaskets, screws....? I hear some have stripped or broken the bolts from the OEM exhaust and therefore are not usable for the catback upgrade.

Would anyone be willing to provide some part numbers? I will more than likely be ordering from hondapartsnow.com if possible. Kamispeed for the exhaust and kseriesparts.com for the takeda.

The cam shaft is the last item I'm going to consider mostly because it requires tearing down the block to do the upgrade. Next to the throttle body swap. Depending on if that requires a tune.

I really dont want to spend ridiculous amounts of $$$ for something that I can find cheaper(like spoon's GE8 intake that's priced around $400). Obviously the cheapest option would be a pick-n-pull but that also requires time. And that's time I'd rather be spending with my family.

Ok I'm done with my long winded requests. I apologize for asking questions that have been discussed many many times. Thanks for looking and helping if your able.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You don't have to tune for intake/manifold/exhaust, but there is some power to be found with a good professional tune on a near stock car.

You will need a tune for the cam, like you thought. They replaced the Lost Motion assembly when they swapped my cam and rocker assembly, like the video says. May as well replace the head cover gasket while you have it apart.

Can't say i'm sold on the larger throttle body.
Rough delivery, but good info:
larger throttle body testing

·
Registered
143 Posts
On my turbo Z, I'd noticed some rough feeling without tuning after the intake manifold replacement.

IMO, GE8 manifold wasn't worth the money. There is a youtuber here who showed the GE8 manifold backward, it looks like the usable chamber is almost same as stock.

With that money and your location, prolly Golden Eagle's manifold is much more worthy for the money spent ($600?). For my case, it's a 1kg torque improvement on the mid range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts