122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Vehicle Auto part Odometer Hybrid vehicle

Speedometer Auto part Odometer Car Measuring instrument

Vehicle

Car Vehicle Auto part Odometer Hybrid vehicle

Car Vehicle Auto part Hybrid vehicle Honda

This is the verbage that was suppose to go with the pics.:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of my driving is hwy. 50 minutes to work, 50 home 80 miles every day. Takes me 5 min. city, 30 min hwy, 15 min city-the reverse times for the drive home. Also if you find the rest of my post you will see that I started out driving the posted speed limits which is 55, 60, and 65mph. After the first 2 days, and after burning a 1/4 tank I started to drive 5mph under posted limits for the rest of the tank. Final results are as you read them. However I do believe the calculation will be higher. I used less fuel than my last fill up which was 10.5 gals. From watching my fuel guage very closely, I think I will only put in 10 gals or less. If this is the case I will be over 50 MPG which was my goal. This was all a test to see the full potential of this vehicle. I will now return to my regular driving which will be a mixture of driving speed limits and 5 over and post later, but from what I see I think I will maintain 40-45MPG on a regular basis. They say after break-in it will get better...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Missing what I wrote. Administrator if this is a repeat pls trash.
510.0 miles on 2nd tank, comp says 49.3 MPG, filled tank with 10.2 gals after manually calculating 50.0 MPG. Pictures above are at pump prior to fill up. One tank got me 6 days to and from work @ 80 miles plus per day. 3 tanks per month at 25-26 bucks a fill will save me well over 300 bucks per month compared to driving my truck...Very happy with numbers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
:woot:

That is great. I am planning on obtaining that kind of mileage eventually. Currently only getting 40mpg. Have to train myself to be conservative. Talked about money saving. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.