Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never been in a high-speed accident to date, thankfully. But this weekend was almost my first.

There's this one on-ramp in town it's very short, and the angle of the curve to get on the freeway is pretty sharp. I was accelerating around the bend and must of hit a patch of ice or something (it was like 40 degrees outside, so wtf) and it sent me spinning circles into high-speed traffic.

In those pressing moments the car was in more control than I was - with ABS and VSA somehow I ended up in the third lane over and facing the right direction and was on my way.

Scariest.Merge.EVER.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad your ok!

Reminds me of that scene in 2fast 2 furious when he whips the evo around to flip off tyrese in the eclipse.

Im sure it was much scarier than that. Glad to hear your ok. Bet now your even more cautious then before. I laid my bike down once like that, in a turn (GSXR-600) and i now take a different approach to all turns lol

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I've never been in a high-speed accident to date, thankfully. But this weekend was almost my first.

There's this one on-ramp in town it's very short, and the angle of the curve to get on the freeway is pretty sharp. I was accelerating around the bend and must of hit a patch of ice or something (it was like 40 degrees outside, so wtf) and it sent me spinning circles into high-speed traffic.

In those pressing moments the car was in more control than I was - with ABS and VSA somehow I ended up in the third lane over and facing the right direction and was on my way.

Scariest.Merge.EVER.
Had that happen to me in a Ford Explorer (first American made vehicle I had ever owned) back late 90's... when they were having all of the tire issues. Luckily it was early morning..traffic was non-existent.. I ended up facing the wrong direction, but had time to flip it around and go. It was all low speed too.. weird and spooky! It was in Florida.. so it wasn't the cold that got me... but when I checked later, it looked like someone had lost a lot of oil right where I lost control.

Glad you made it safely.. sounds like the safety features helped out too! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.