Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm seriously into getting the civic FD2 type-r rims into my crz. A couple of questions on this:

1) Is there a way to know the rims specs to be sure they fit? Or how can i get them to fit?

2) They are 18''. Will this visibly influence my mpg?

Best,
CRZ

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
the diameter will not specifically influence your MPG, the weight will. They are 100% guaranteed to be heavier than stock CRZ wheels so you will see some decline in MPG. Being that they are OEM honda wheels they should also fit with no problems whatsoever.

Edit: they are 18 x 7.5 (im not sure of offset) if the offset is between 40 and 50 like usual they will fit. If the offset is above 50 you may want some spacers.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
the offset seems to be 60. What is the exact purpose of the spacers?
the stock offset is 45 and these are 60. these wheels will be sunken a bit less than 15mm that then stock wheels. to get them back out to where the stock wheels are you will need spacers. Spacers push the wheel back out towards the outside of the wheel well

·
Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
I may have to run spacers in the back to get mine to be flush with the body.
I have no complaints with my 20mm rear H&R DRM spacers. Subjective of course, but IMO widening the stance in the rear has provided some positives to the handling in addition to the lowering.

:eek:fftopic:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.