Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Favorite, Surprising CR-Z Feature

240K views 652 replies 226 participants last post by  Jamesldrury 
#1 ·
So, we all bought our CR-Zs probably because of the car's looks or engine or color or whatever. But, after having your CR-Z, what small, surprising feature do you like the best?

For me, it is the rear hatch handle. Use it to avoid getting fingerprints on the outside. It is perfectly placed, even for a lefty. Just a slight tug and the hatch drops down and latches with a solid thunk.

See less See more
#4 ·
Before purchase I had researched the CR-Z fully here, downloaded the owner's manual, etc.

I dug the technology and there were no surprises there, nor with ergonomic things.

So even though I had read about it, my pleasant surprise was Auto Idle Stop w/6MT.

I had accepted (before purchase) that Auto Idle Stop would have a mind of its own.

NOT! My surprise was how easy it is to control its occurance with the 6MT.

#6 ·
^I also didn't know that! Thanks!

One surprising feature that I liked about this car is the faint blue console and floor lighting. I know some guys try to make it brighter, but I like more subtle features like that; not too distracting, yet functional enough to find what you are looking for.

#7 ·
I discovered the handle a couple months ago and wondered why I would need it as I've always just put my hand on the top surface (gently) and closed it. But today for the first time I actually tried it and can't believe how much easier it is to close with the handle! :p

#11 ·
That is a nice feature, my Acura RL had that. I'll have to see how I like it with a manual before buying it.

#13 ·
luv the parking sensor display which shows which sensor is picking up. Previous cars have only beeped.
Really, for us, its all about the styling eg even the way that the shark fin aerial profile is carried over to the sides of the rear spoiler. Miss a centre armrest as the Honda one is just too damn expensive in the UK . (a few more ponies would have been appreciated but you can't have everthing lol)

#14 ·
Air conditioned glove box is nice for those summer days. I had researched the car quite a bit before buying, but it has it's little secret surprises if you haven't read up on the car. Somewhat due to the dealerships not knowing that much about the car I suspect ;)

#22 ·
I like the solid sound the doors make when closing
Funny that was mentioned. I went to the dealership and it was the reason I bought the dang thing after I drove it. I coulnd't get over how solid it felt and the thud of the doors. I've owned several Benz's and I'm telling you, this thing is just as solid when it comes to the door closing "feel".

#19 ·
I know that hatch handle is there but i still dont use it lol.

for me the feature i like is the Anti-Stalling on the standard where if you realize you're stalling and press the clutch in all the way the IMA motor forces the engine to not die. I don't stall alot but when it happened to me I was surprised and glad to have that feature.

#23 ·
For me, it is the rear hatch handle. Use it to avoid getting fingerprints on the outside. It is perfectly placed, even for a lefty. Just a slight tug and the hatch drops down and latches with a solid thunk.
I'm joining the "I didn't know that handle was there" club :beer: Thanks!

#24 ·
Sounds blasé, but my favorite feature is the exterior. A few people have said it looks like a rocket. A carload of homies at a stoplight in the city said "Dude, nice car". Yeah, the CR-Z has street cred.

Reactions: Jamesldrury
#632 ·
Had a neighbor tell me he first thought I legit had a spaceship under the cover. ( To be fair, I had been doing a lot of work on it at night behind hung tarps, so it all did look a bit mysterious in the driveway with the taillights peeking out now and again)

It's a sharp looking car, for sure. I notice a lot of people staring and I fell in love with its looks almost immediately. After expressing interest, I got the call from the sales guy at the dealership telling me he had one for us to come look at and I remember seeing the PWP 2015 parked in front as we turned into the lot and I got all giddy with my "OMG is that IT? That's IT, isn't it? It's SO CUTE!" My mom made an offer on it that they didn't take, but I didn't mind because I had my eye on a manual transmission anyway. But I knew she liked it too because she didn't even ask me if that was for sure what I wanted, she could just tell by how I reacted to the test drive.

But I gotta say among my favorite things about it are
1) the seats are so bloody comfortable. I love just sitting in it and actually hate getting out after a jaunt.
2) the built in USB/flash port - my entire music collection comes with me on every drive without fiddling with a buncha cds and stuff...
3) the built in audio aux port - my entire phone drive is available to be pumped through the car audio too, and no aftermarket equipment needed.
4) Factory sound isn't half bad. Really dig driving with the tunes on...

I do kind of wish it had an "oh S***" handle sometimes, though.

#34 ·
I found the handle about three car washes into CR-Z ownership, and have used it ever since. Yes, that's a nifty gadget, but to me it's just the amazing looks that's my favourite feature. Not surprising, but favourite. I got my haircut today, and managed to get a crick in my neck from twisting around in the waiting room chair, admiring my car in the parking lot. Dumb, yes, but I had just washed it, the sun was shining on it, the last of the autumn leaves were glowing in the light, in the background. Magic moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.