Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

What SEMA CR-Z do YOU think is the best?

• 1) Bisimoto

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • 2) DSO Eyewear

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • 3) Fortune Motorsports

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • 4) HPD

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • 5) Hybrid-R

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • 6) Konig

• 7) Mugen

• 8) CR-Z w/accessories

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • 9) Wraptivo

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • 10) Eibach

Votes: 1 0.9%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
with loads of images from SEMA along with the spec list of each... which CR-Z is YOUR favorite overall... take into consideration; looks, technical stuff, presentation, etc when voting... for brief overview of each CR-Z, watch the video :popcorn:

you can also post who you voted for and WHY you voted for them if you want... if there was a tough decision between two, we'd like to hear about it too :thumbup:

(random order)

1) Bisimoto

2) DSO Eyewear

3) Fortune Motorsports

4) HPD

5) Hybrid-R

6) Konig

7) Mugen

8) CR-Z w/accessories

9) Wraptivo

10) Eibach

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i picked Bisimoto, just b/c i think they took the engine the furthest and that's what i was more interested in... it was very close for me though here would be my top 3:

1) Bisimoto (tech/engine)
2) Fortune (looks)
3) Tied- HPD/Hybrid-R (overall balance of looks and tech)

·
Registered
417 Posts
i picked Bisimoto, just b/c i think they took the engine the furthest and that's what i was more interested in... it was very close for me though here would be my top 3:

2) Fortune (looks)
Couldnt agree with you more :thumbsup: Except i picked Fortune lol

·
Registered
314 Posts
I kind of like the Hybrid-R as #1, and Mugen as #2. Guess that means I like things fairly simple. I'm not typically the biggest red car fan, but the Hybrid-R is eye-catching. Not real into a lot of decals and paint variation, though Eibach with the classic/predictable red and black scheme looks pretty nice. I find the Konig to be most interesting in that it kinda doesn't even look like a CR-Z! :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
873 Posts
My top 3 would be:

3. Mugen Kit - I've been eying this kit for a long time along with its suspension and exhaust, this would make a great show/street machine.

2. Bisimoto - Obviously the engine. Really went above and beyond. Would like to hear about the fuel economy of this setup.

1. Hybrid-R - I Like the aero package and mix on the performance parts form the CR-Z Racer

·
Banned
251 Posts
My top 3 would be:

3. Mugen Kit - I've been eying this kit for a long time along with its suspension and exhaust, this would make a great show/street machine.

2. Bisimoto - Obviously the engine. Really went above and beyond. Would like to hear about the fuel economy of this setup.

1. Hybrid-R - I Like the aero package and mix on the performance parts form the CR-Z Racer
depending on who is driving im sure you could regulary pull between 20-25 out of it but i would see no more than about 15mpg's avg since i would be in boost and WOT allday everyday i have one lead foot. also, i am sure i would roast a set of drag radials in a month or two rolling on sticky icky drag radials.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
depending on who is driving im sure you could regulary pull between 20-25 out of it but i would see no more than about 15mpg's avg since i would be in boost and WOT allday everyday i have one lead foot. also, i am sure i would roast a set of drag radials in a month or two rolling on sticky icky drag radials.
that sounds completely like a guesstimate... Honda invited these companies to push the CR-Z to another level on performance AND EFFICIENCY... in other words, these companies HAD to make the car overall better and not just faster w/o gaining mpg... and if you look at the dyno chart that was posted... the powerband looks IDENTICAL to the stock CR-Z from 0rpm-around 3200rpm... after that is when the power starts to climb and around 4500rpm you see the drastic climb up...

with that as my evidence, i presume the Bisimoto CR-Z will maintain it's normal drive ability WITHOUT sacrificing fuel economy in the lower rpms ie: normal driving... obviously racing to every red light will hurt your overall mpg...

·
Registered
314 Posts
depending on who is driving im sure you could regulary pull between 20-25 out of it but i would see no more than about 15mpg's avg since i would be in boost and WOT allday everyday i have one lead foot.
Easy remedy for you... use the OTHER foot! :pP:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
i actually voted for the wraptivo cr-z. just looks badass, if it the bisimoto motor in it and a little more aggresive stance it would be perfect.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts

2) Fortune (looks)
^ spot on. thats what i would pick.

I really like the Fortune car though. a simple SC kit like the one from HKS would make that the perfect CRZ in my opinion.

·
Banned
251 Posts
that sounds completely like a guesstimate... Honda invited these companies to push the CR-Z to another level on performance AND EFFICIENCY... in other words, these companies HAD to make the car overall better and not just faster w/o gaining mpg... and if you look at the dyno chart that was posted... the powerband looks IDENTICAL to the stock CR-Z from 0rpm-around 3200rpm... after that is when the power starts to climb and around 4500rpm you see the drastic climb up...

with that as my evidence, i presume the Bisimoto CR-Z will maintain it's normal drive ability WITHOUT sacrificing fuel economy in the lower rpms ie: normal driving... obviously racing to every red light will hurt your overall mpg...
i have driven a lot of different turbo set-ups and i know better than most that staying OUT of boost is the problem with getting good mpgs not partial throttle or cruising tuning that is easy for the pro tuners i know like bisi and james kempf and brian green, and if you can actually drive around all day in vacuum then you can get whatever MPG you feel like. but what fun is that lol and that is NEVER going to happen with a car that is THAT fun to drive. and with that much boost and that quick spooling of a snail you be in boost (sucking down fuel 10x's normal rate) more often than you can imagine. and if you are like me or my partna frankdawg, you will be in boost more than out of boost, meaning that obtaining anywhere near 20-25 mpg's is going to be difficult if you are a SPIRITED DRIVER like us. lol. not saying that it is not still possible to hypermile a bisiboosted zf1 around to get 40+mpgs... just saying if you are, then you are missing out haha. IMO, of course.

thats all im saying.

but still anytime you can have 500horse and get 20-25MPG's average around town and to and from work, that is a MAJOR accomplishment. we burn almost exactly ONE gallon on ONE pass down the 1/4 mile in the STREET CLASS EG CIVIC, and that is 18 dollar a gallon fuel by the way.

:eek:fftopic:

i like that red hybrid r too it looks super futuristic but not in a forgetfully and painfully FORD FOCUS way.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Hybrid-R is hot!

Probably because its red. I like the front and the rear wing looks cool - but I'd be afraid of birds nesting on it!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.