Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I managed to get a ge8 head on ebay. Looks decent condition wise.

Its was cheap so as long as the cam and rockers are fine we are good to go. I may not have it installed this side of xmas due to college fees/life but i plan for early next year for sure.

I also have modulo alloys arriving from Japan this week. They are V similar to the Electra 17inch alloys and the 18inch HPD wheels. They also came with new tires too!!

Fee pictures below, I will upload more and get this thread going slowly but surely.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice! I have been looking for OEM Electra rims for a while now. So I might look into these ones instead. Where did you buy them?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yahoo auctions!! There is a few sets of the 2016 zf3 wheels on yahoo too.
I'll see if i can get a link

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ooh total was 550 euro ,i think wheels only 19k yen which was close to 180 euro so import charges and company charges made up rest.

·
Registered
442 Posts
good job on getting the ge8 head on ebay.
SCORE!!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IMG_20200926_185341_308.jpg

My Modulo wheels came today. They need a good clean but they are in good nick pictures on yahoo auctions were bang on.

Ge8 head arrived but i haven't even unrapped it yet to take it apart. College fees getting in the way of flashpro fee's 😢

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

My Tein basis z coilovers arrived today. Very nice way to beat the Covid blues lol.

I don't know when I will get a chance to fit them but just look at them 😍

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I swapped the GE8 cam and rocker arm into the car today.
This was a long ass job and I got no pictures because i was wearing oily gloves.
The performance incease is amazing. The powerband is very linear and waaaaay stronger. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants N/a power.
Torque is greatly improved everywhere and it pulls way harder to the redline.

The only thimg I have noticed is the injectors seem louder 🤔
Valve clearances were done and double checked twice so I'm sure that this the issue.
Tomorrow is another day so I can check them then with a drjver and see if the noise if just injector and not coming from under the valve cover.

In summary, do it, the difference is amazing

·
Registered
385 Posts
The only thimg I have noticed is the injectors seem louder 🤔
Valve clearances were done and double checked twice so I'm sure that this the issue.
Tomorrow is another day so I can check them then with a drjver and see if the noise if just injector and not coming from under the valve cover.

In summary, do it, the difference is amazing
Did you reuse the Lost Motion Assembly from the GE8 head? there was a recall on some of those. I know they got new ones when they swapped the cam in mine. Could be some of the noise.
Could also just be the ECU having to recalibrate idle after the battery was disconnected, hopefully it will go away shortly on it's own :)

Reactions: Fediej

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered and fitted the upgraded LMA as mine was a 2010 head. I'm hoping it's just the extra airflow at idle making them work harder. They are quite small, 185 cc i think.

It had sounded a little more vocal in the weeks leading up to the swap so it could be coincidental bad luck.

I wonder if the k20 injectors are more quiet as they are a direct replacement.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you reuse the Lost Motion Assembly from the GE8 head? there was a recall on some of those. I know they got new ones when they swapped the cam in mine. Could be some of the noise.
Could also just be the ECU having to recalibrate idle after the battery was disconnected, hopefully it will go away shortly on it's own :)
Did you notice any extra noise, 'clicky' is how i would describe it

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks like the clicking aound i have is a worn roller in the rocker arms!! Absolute devastation!!

Diagnosis not 100% confirmed yet but parts from Honda are very expensive, circa 1200 euro delivered.

I'm nervous about buying on fleebay again as that was the source of this weekends headaches.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good used ge8 head or even just the rocker arms themselves. I will need a set of four.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I'm guessing this was all sorted in the end looking at your videos of late running the car?

Kudos to you for importing the real deal from Japan! A man after my own heart!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts