Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man this thing scrapes on everything! Its the factory carbon look front lip that give it a "lowered" effect. Goes good with the sides and the rear additions i have, but no matter how slow i go or what angle, it seems to hit.

Anyone else noticed this? I may have to remove it if i ever lower the car.

Just thought id put it out there. In case anyone was interested in it. I wouldnt spend the money. Get the rear or side pieces but not the front.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i installed the OEM front lip and haven't had any problems. yes it's low, but no issues for me. i don't know what will happen after i install the swift lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm on the same boat! The town I work in has horrible roads, I'm scared of what will happen after I install the swift springs and jdp front lip. I already got a boo boo in front :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm on the same boat! The town I work in has horrible roads, I'm scared of what will happen after I install the swift springs and jdp front lip. I already got a boo boo in front :(
yea, bro any hill or decent it scrapes. im worried it will rip off one day lol. I take every dip and bump extremely slow now. I want to lower mine too, so i better get use to it :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Wicked1, if it's all underneath meaning not visible I'll ^^do it myself, smooth it out with 2500 grid paper, primer and I have a local paint shop that mixes paint in a can. I tape around it and then go to work once it's done and you peel the tape you'll see the outline of your work, grab 2000grid and try blending it as much as possible the buff it, not perfect but it will ease your mind and most pol will never know :). If it's visible I have a tab at a local body shop that takes care of it and they are good, bc I'm Anal about paint.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I am in Florida and I guess since its so flat here most places are built up a little so water runs off parking lots and streets. There is an angle at just about every business entrance and side road. I seem to scrape a lot. I love the look of the front spoiler but I don't know how long it will last at this rate.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i installed the OEM front lip and haven't had any problems. yes it's low, but no issues for me. i don't know what will happen after i install the swift lowering springs.
This. You're either going too fast or not at a proper angle, or both. I've scraped a few times when I've needed to move quickly or by parking too close to a parking block/curb. But not really an issue, imo.

Don't know what'll happen when lowered. But you have to remember, aftermarket lip kits are even lower than the optional Honda lip.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Ludercrz, I would still do it the car looks good with it. I has a 2003 Celica GTS that was lowered and had ground effects back in 2003-2003 and it scraped here and there but looked great.

We are just informing others we are in the same boat and nothing is wrong.

·
Registered
156 Posts
There are some driveways/entrances that are at such an angle that it's impossible not to scrape. I'm careful as all get out, and angle like Shatner days, but it still happens. I get out and look to make sure it's not too bad, and sigh. I appreciate your ideas about painting etc.

·
Registered
675 Posts
sigh..i cant even get a lip for my car since i still have difficulties pulling out of my garage without having one. lol... by anychance, is it possible to avoid this if i changed my rims stock 16" to 18" aftermarkets?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.