Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GT PPW
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an android head unit the Teyes CC3 to be exact. However I want to use the factory steering wheel functions to answer and hang up phone calls that go through my head unit. Has anyone any info on how to get these to work?

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
Most use an aftermarket interface to the buttons and disable the factory blue tooth, install the Microphone from their new head unit and use all functions from their new head unit and the repurposed buttons. There are many postings on the process. Go look at the other postings referring to ICE ( In Car Entertainment)

·
Registered
2010 GT PPW
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would one disable the factory Bluetooth and get the buttons to work with my head unit do you have any links to show this process?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
Installing the aftermarket interface will disable the factory stuff when you wire it in. Like I said go do a simple search on the forum there are 100s of threads on this. If you were in the US I would refer you to Find what fits your car - Crutchfield even if you do not buy from them they have guides how to install anything you want in your car. But since you are across the pond I do not know of a good resource to help you other than other postings on this forum.

if you can install a replacement head unit you can install an interface to reuse the buttons.

My quick search found this thread and he is even in the UK.

How would one disable the factory Bluetooth and get the buttons to work with my head unit do you have any links to show this process?

Thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a non Navi and when I installed my CoHo unit the HandsFreeLink is still "active" but non functional. I had to unpair my phone to stop it from actively connecting and each time I turn on my car it requests but it really isn't a big deal. I don't think most aftermarket Chinese units will have a connector for the HandsFreeLink because they push their on built in mic and the call buttons seem to be tied to it as they don't show up as usable in my CoHo unit. You might be S.O.L. and just have to repurpose buttons or tap the screen.

Question for you do you have an CRZ with a stock subwoofer? I am wondering it yours works after the replacement.

·
Super Moderator
7,363 Posts
Bluetooth module is behind the Glove compartment If i am remembering correctly. The interfaces I mentioned "repurpose" the buttons and you program the radio to recognize them. Yes you use the Bluetooth capabilities of your installed non Honda radio and the microphone they supply.

Triop for your situation just unplug the module. Does your radio do all the Bluetooth functions? If so you can buy an interface ( see Find what fits your car - Crutchfield for all the ways to do that. Even if you do not buy from them)

·
Registered
2010 GT PPW
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a non Navi and when I installed my CoHo unit the HandsFreeLink is still "active" but non functional. I had to unpair my phone to stop it from actively connecting and each time I turn on my car it requests but it really isn't a big deal. I don't think most aftermarket Chinese units will have a connector for the HandsFreeLink because they push their on built in mic and the call buttons seem to be tied to it as they don't show up as usable in my CoHo unit. You might be S.O.L. and just have to repurpose buttons or tap the screen.

Question for you do you have an CRZ with a stock subwoofer? I am wondering it yours works after the replacement.
A few people have asked me about my sub I do have one yes and I havnt noticed it not working. My sound is clear and base seems to be there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts