Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, had to break the pins on mine to get it off :p

Not sure why the back is mounted differently. Maybe so people won't steal it?

-Hoi
The back one comes off easier? I was just thinking about taping up behind it now for the next one and painting while on the car.... i just ordered new front emblem from majestic for $25... so i'd rather not f^ again :cry:

·
Registered
815 Posts
if you want to put it back on the exact same spot, you should use masking tape to tape out the original opsition on the car so it's easier to put it back alligned.

it should be the same procedure for painting. but I fount that it helps alot for longterm use of the painted emblem to propery sand them down, prime it and paint it. I did this to my old Civic and paint started to crack and come off after few years of useage because the paint does not stick well to the chrome paint.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you want to put it back on the exact same spot, you should use masking tape to tape out the original opsition on the car so it's easier to put it back alligned.

it should be the same procedure for painting. but I fount that it helps alot for longterm use of the painted emblem to propery sand them down, prime it and paint it. I did this to my old Civic and paint started to crack and come off after few years of useage because the paint does not stick well to the chrome paint.
i mean as far as resticking it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.