Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back in from one our famous Florida rainstorms where we had somewhere over 2 inches of rain in the dead of winter. It was bad enough that there were spots on the road which were covered with 4 inches of standing water, something I have never seen in the winter months in the 20 years I have lived here. At any rate I was able to test, first hand, the performance of my new Z and I pleasantly surprised.

Praises:

- The stock tires handled very well, cutting through all the water and holding straight and steady to the road

- The traction control system engaged itself and stayed lit during the harder rain and while going through various large ponds of water and disengaged once it finally let up and the standing water disappeared

- The front windshield was on full speed and was as quiet and efficient at clearing the rain as I could expect it to be

- It had no issues with the deeper 4-6 inches section of running water in the middle of the roads and I can report no leakage anywhere inside the vehicle

- The brakes were sufficiently adequate in the heavy water and I never lost traction while braking around town

Gripes:

- The back windshield wiper is indeed to small to truly do the hatch glass any real good

- The positioning of the rear windshield wiper switch is not ideal or easy to get to in my opinion

- The back strip of glass below the hatch does finally get drenched and at which point the water beading makes it almost impossible to see through. I would have thought Honda would have coated that section with a special material to better bead the water, but I guess RainX might be the solution.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Good report. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm with you on this, free man. The CRZ does a great job in the rain. I also agree that the rear wiper is mostly useless. A little trick for water that beads on the vertical glass in the rear: turn the rear and mirror defrost on. It will dry the water. I had to do this lastnight.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm with you on this, free man. The CRZ does a great job in the rain. I also agree that the rear wiper is mostly useless. A little trick for water that beads on the vertical glass in the rear: turn the rear and mirror defrost on. It will dry the water. I had to do this lastnight.
yeah i do this often to dry the rear window, this seems like the only hatch ive actually continplated a rear wiper delete but probably wont do it anyway.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm, the rear defrosters turn on the heated mirrors as well huh? I'll have to try that trick to see how it works next time for that back piece of vertical glass. I didn't even realize there were wires in that piece as well as the top piece...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hmmm, the rear defrosters turn on the heated mirrors as well huh? I'll have to try that trick to see how it works next time for that back piece of vertical glass. I didn't even realize there were wires in that piece as well as the top piece...
You got it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.