Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
We understand. He was going to paint them but he had to tow that POS blown up ruZZian tank off his lawn first cause it was really wrecking the vibe in the neighborhood and the barbecued rashists were starting to stink up the place. Слава Україні!

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
114 Posts
Handles odered by my friends for his car. I'm just experienced in 3d scanning, CAD ets. He use it already half-year. Of course it's quite short period. I'm waiting pictures from him, an then will share here
Could you scan the door handle static piece? That way we can get the mounting depth of each fastening location for future use.
I was thinking of modelling a new handle design entirely.
Automotive lighting Auto part Gadget Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
They were never painted, they were molded in the car color. Something painted, The paint I do not think will last but for that price it beats having a busted door handle or 2

My be. But the handle which I got for 3d scanning was painted in dark green metallic

View attachment 67834
Could you scan the door handle static piece? That way we can get the mounting depth of each fastening location for future use.
View attachment 67836
View attachment 67836
I see what you need. I would do it, but don't have access to scanner now because of war. I hope to reach it, but not in nearest days...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this blow out late last month.
Would have loved to have a 3d printed replacement (or metal parts).
But, I just bought the cheap (pre-painted) handle from China.

Replaced yesterday. What a pain.
Bicycle part Motor vehicle Machine Automotive wheel system Rim

·
Premium Member
8,485 Posts
Then why do they sell them in colors, I presumed based on having to order in a color they were molded in that color and appear to be that color everywhere you can look. But since i have a black car, I would never know.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
View attachment 67836
Yes, for a nearly failproof replacement option this would be necessary. Even if the pull-handle part was cast or billet metal the base assembly that holds the main pivot hinge and entire door handle together, which is also plastic, can also break. In most of the photos the pull-handle is what breaks, usually along the arms, but the little tabs that are moulded into the door handle assembly that form the main hinge connection can also crack and break off:

I'd guess that this type of failure would become more common after making the pull-handle part out of metal as the weakest link would then be the plastic assembly base and these hinge tabs.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts