Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through sohcsol's post on the Eibach install, (which was great BTW) I was wondering if anyone has installed the H&R Springs? sohcsol was reporting a 1.25-1.50" ish drop while Eibach claims 1" (Maybe I'm looking at the wrong model?).

H&R claims 1.3" on theirs, which would meet my wants, but I am hesitant in case the drop is greater in reality.

Additionally I read through various threads and have come to the conclusion that front camber bolts are a must, but what of the rear? Does the factory adjustment allow enough room to straighten up the wheel after a drop?

·
Handy-man
1,638 Posts
Yeah, in any case, camber can't be changed in the rear due to our suspension type. Front camber bolts are only necessary if you don't have a slotted top mounting hole on your strut (OEM does not have this slot). Camber bolts add camber in front. Your camber will stay at ~0 in the front even with a drop on stock struts and bolts. Sorry I didn't see your message sooner.

Experience: two sets of suspension, one with and one without a slot, one set of camber bolts, plenty of springs.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries.

After reading the thread mentioned above I realized the rear setup is basically static. I plan on keeping OEM struts until replacement is needed. Keep in mind I have not looked through a FSM or disassembled anything on this vehicle as of yet. Based on your response regarding the front, is it not a standard McPhearson setup with a two bolts on the bottom mount ( top slotted and bottom straight through)? Or are you referring to the top hat having slots as found on most adjustable coilovers?

Looks like need to get this guy in the air and do some inspecting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am lowered with H&R spring. With stock wheels, there aren't any problem.
After upgrading to 17x7 with 215 45 17 tires, I have rub inside my fender when I am in full turn.
Looks good with stock wheels,
Looks too low for bigger wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After upgrading to 17x7 with 215 45 17 tires, I have rub inside my fender when I am in full turn.
Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. I currently have 205/55/16 on my stock wheels and according to Will they fit..., I should expect some rub as I am about 3.3mm bigger than your setup, eh? Do you happen to have any pics handy?

·
Registered
23 Posts

I use the H&R spring and car got lot better handling I also replace the shocks with kyb dont have any rub on my fenders

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts