Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has either the 5Zigen center exhaust system or the Js racing exhaust system and what they’re thoughts on them are. I bought an HKS silence back in July and canceled it last week since it still never shipped and they were unable to give me an eta. The websites that have these say they’re more readily available and could arrive with 2-3 weeks
Automotive tire Wood Automotive exhaust Bumper Automotive exterior

Bicycle part Automotive exterior Cable Automotive lighting Font

· Registered
1,284 Posts
5zigen used to be the lowest of quality junk that could hardly pass as car parts. Not sure if that has changed in the last 15 years. That center exit is interesting, looks like it goes under the trunk floor, probably uses up a lot of ground clearance.

· Registered
32 Posts
I've got the J's backbox, can't speak to the catback but the axleback fit right up and no complaints on quality, does get pretty rowdy if you pull the baffle out and in the interest of not having my car keyed it stays in.
Subjectively, very good, I like it.

· Registered
32 Posts
"Have you considered inserting a baffle into your backbox?"

I was working nights at the time, pulling in at 6am with the loudest 120hp honda ever produced just made me feel like a twat.
Maybe once I've rigged up the twin turbos and nitrous kit I'll take it out, gotta make room for the remains of the rods to exit somewhere.

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
534 Posts
I was working nights at the time, pulling in at 6am with the loudest 120hp honda ever produced just made me feel like a twat.
Maybe once I've rigged up the twin turbos and nitrous kit I'll take it out, gotta make room for the remains of the rods to exit somewhere.
I run my car with probably the loudest setup on the forum. Supercharged, no cats, J's Racing header and catback Mugen sports exhaust. It is so bad I wear ear plugs every commute. No I am not lying, it's that bad.

· Registered
142 Posts
I run my car with probably the loudest setup on the forum. Supercharged, no cats, J's Racing header and catback Mugen sports exhaust. It is so bad I wear ear plugs every commute. No I am not lying, it's that bad.
It sounds heavily loud even on the paper :LOL:

Actually I am on stock, but I may purchase a full HKS exhaust from USA as I found them somewhat cheap on some store.
It goes without saying that in Europe the few stores sell the exhaust terminals at double or triple prices compared to the USA and Japan...

· Registered
534 Posts
It sounds heavily loud even on the paper :LOL:

Actually I am on stock, but I may purchase a full HKS exhaust from USA as I found them somewhat cheap on some store.
It goes without saying that in Europe the few stores sell the exhaust terminals at double or triple prices compared to the USA and Japan...
If you need a cheap source I know a guy in Japan who can get it for you for probably cheaper than you think. PM me and I can tell you how to order from him.

· Registered
142 Posts
I went through MEPS the other day. It's the process of which recruits for all branches of the military will go through before enlistment. Part of the process is taking a hearing test. During this recruits are tested in a soundproof room surrounded by curtains and wearing special headphones to test for hearing capabilities. The lower the score, the better your hearing is across each frequency. I was the only one among the groups of recruits to have at least one zero (the best score), and half of my scores were zeroes. Even everybody else who didn't get a single zero passed. I went through this because I'm enlisting in the US Navy.

TL;DR: My hearing is fine. You don't know everything.
I am genuinely curious about the Mugen exhaust, that triangular.
How is it? Does it sounds nicely alone?

· Registered
534 Posts
I am genuinely curious about the Mugen exhaust, that triangular.
How is it? Does it sounds nicely alone?
Well I can't say how it sounds on an unmodified car because it was all slapped on at the same time as the catless header and supercharger. But the build quality was top notch. :)
However, these are long discontinued and haven't been made for a long time. Your best bet is to aak King Motorsports to see if they have any extra on hand. If they don't then you're out of luck. :( Might be best looking for other exhaust systems.

· Registered
White 2015 ZF1 Manual
1 Posts
I can happily recommend the Fujitsubo Authorize R for the car. It sounds nice, is only a little louder than factory, but does resonate pretty loudly at cold idle, which can get annoying. Once it warms up and the idle RPMs drop it's totally civilized though. It also pops a bit on starts, including at stoplights, which I kinda like.

· Registered
2 Posts
Всем привет, теперь установлен 5zigen, звук отличный, а динамика после прошивки ECU на высоком уровне. Есть также еще один глушитель kakimoto regu 6, звук намного громче, и есть стрельба в ручном режиме вождения.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts