Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in the market for getting an exhaust, and I have it narrowed down to two...

I am going between the Tanabe Medallion Touring Exhaust, and the HKS Silent Hi Power Exhaust. Judging by some different sound clips I've researched, they both sound pretty comparable, claiming a nice sporty sound, but no drone at cruising speeds. They are also both around my price point.

Does anyone have any input or additional information on either that may help sway my decision?

My Z is my daily driver, so with that said, if I do go with the HKS, is it worth it for the little extra money for a cat back?

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
2,488 Posts
^ If you get the full HKS exhaust you get the midpipe as opposed to just the muffler. Exhausts are hard to judge without being in person but i will say that for me the HKS is one of the nicer exhausts i've had in terms of liveability - not too loud, great tone and quality is excellent.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Think u should wait a couple weeks and grab the turbo-kits.com exhaust :) that I helped R&D and I think it's Badass.
:yeahthat: It's either the HKS or the Turbo-kits.com exhaust for me.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Whaaaa? It's finally happening?
Well according to Jesse @ turbo-kits.com, the cai should be in this week and the cat-back in two more weeks. I actually have to call him and see wus up, but none the less all should be ready to go no later than the end of the month :).

· Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I'm personally leaning more towards the Tanabe just because of the looks. From what I remember, they both showed about the same increase in hp, and both sounded good...

Call me weird, but the only thing keeping me back is the fact that I already have the HKS Intake, so part of me wants to get the HKS exhaust to match...

· Registered
2,488 Posts
Yea I'm personally leaning more towards the Tanabe just because of the looks. From what I remember, they both showed about the same increase in hp, and both sounded good...

Call me weird, but the only thing keeping me back is the fact that I already have the HKS Intake, so part of me wants to get the HKS exhaust to match...
haha, thats what i did. and i think im getting the HKS braces and coilovers too. Im so impressed with HKS quality that i may stick with them unless they dont make a part that i want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.