Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
read! it just firms everything up. the rubber grommet upper mounts on the strut/shock assembly flexes supposedly causing camber changes that cause a decrease in grip.

To be honest, i didnt see hardly any camber change when i had my coils installed. i dont expect it to change that much under hard cornering to adversely effect my grip.

Finally as i mentioned earlier, cusco is known for having the spherical bearing in their pillowball mounts to wear out sooner than they should. Granted, sphericals are going to wear out, its a bearing its meant to die eventually.

A good question to ask saku would be if the sphericals are replacable. Im pretty sure cusco is pretty strict about who services or replaces parts on their products.

·
Registered
379 Posts
also it says there that these mounts are for cusco coilovers only, and will increase the vehicle ride height...
Just a few corrections from what I can read.

It actually says you can adapt it to other setups using collars and the suspension was only raised on the swift and vitz.

That being said 400 bucks is alot considering these don't allow for any camber adjust.

The camber this is supposed to address is when you take a turn under hard load the rubber mount flexes, the strut assembly moves left or right and adds camber to the car. The reason this is bad is generally you gain positive camber on the inside wheel of the corner (I think)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you guys have too high of expectations when it comes to pillowball mounts haha. While I don't think this is as good as the traditional pillowball mount with adjustable camber, I believe this is a much better option for those who want better handling. The Rubber mount is pretty flimsy, so this in addition with some front chassis reinforcement would provide some fairly stiff front handling

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just a few corrections from what I can read.

It actually says you can adapt it to other setups using collars and the suspension was only raised on the swift and vitz.

That being said 400 bucks is alot considering these don't allow for any camber adjust.

The camber this is supposed to address is when you take a turn under hard load the rubber mount flexes, the strut assembly moves left or right and adds camber to the car. The reason this is bad is generally you gain positive camber on the inside wheel of the corner (I think)
Look at the *s in thr table under crz. Fine print.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Look at the *s in thr table under crz. Fine print.
I see it now... :blush:

I do understand how this is an improvement but I had TEIN upper mounts in my sentra and they were camber adjustable. They were also super noisy !

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see it now... :blush:

I do understand how this is an improvement but I had TEIN upper mounts in my sentra and they were camber adjustable. They were also super noisy !
well the front upper mounts for cars like the CR-Z, Fit, and Yaris all have a different design than the generic car, which why the CR-Z doesn't have a conventional front strut bar and why its hard to attach a camber plate to the front... while its pricy I think its a great addition to the performance market

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
yeah but these mounts are designed to be used with the cusco zero coilovers ONLY. again says in the fine print. Out of the few people running cusco coils you kind of have to ask how many of those people will want these.

IMO, its a great attempt, but we need something universal to open the market a bit.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah but these mounts are designed to be used with the cusco zero coilovers ONLY. again says in the fine print. Out of the few people running cusco coils you kind of have to ask how many of those people will want these.

IMO, its a great attempt, but we need something universal to open the market a bit.
I'm not 100% sure but I believe these work with other coilovers... they aren't a direct fit though and will require some different locks and bolts, I think what the fine print is referring to is direct installation with cusco coilovers

·
Registered
689 Posts
No word yet and we have to wait till people have problems? Thanks but taking these OFF my to buy list. if they do let you know there are replacment bearings and we are not going to have to buy hole new sets when they go out then I will add them back in.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No word yet and we have to wait till people have problems? Thanks but taking these OFF my to buy list. if they do let you know there are replacment bearings and we are not going to have to buy hole new sets when they go out then I will add them back in.
haha ok I think I didn't present my point clearly... the bearings should not wear out as quickly as everyone things so it shouldn't be a problem for the bearings until a few years down the road if any... that said they are replaceable on a special order basis only. Basically, if you take care of it and keep it constantly oiled, there should be no problem

·
Registered
689 Posts
haha ok I think I didn't present my point clearly... the bearings should not wear out as quickly as everyone things so it shouldn't be a problem for the bearings until a few years down the road if any... that said they are replaceable on a special order basis only. Basically, if you take care of it and keep it constantly oiled, there should be no problem
Ok that makes more sense, back on the list.

Oiling and keeping grit out of the bearings is key...and annoying.

Spherical joints are just like that, nuff said
I live on a dirt road, that is impossible to do.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
$400 for NON-adjustable pillowball mounts....

ive always said cusco can suck it and they can continue to do so....

it is my opinion that EVERYTHING they sell is grossly overpriced...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts