Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the threads for answers on the perfect fitment for our Honda badges and I have not found any clear answers. I have done research, ordered parts, tested fitment on my 2011 CRZ and documented what I have found for everyone. These are part numbers and sizes of Type R Honda Badges. Some are real, and I think some are fake.

75701-SLJ-003, W:131mm x H107mm
75700-S5T-E11,W:123mm x H100mm
75700-SNW-003,W:113mm x H:92mm
75700-SYY-003, W:108mm x H90mm
75700-SMT-E00, W:98.40mm x H:79.65mm
75701-SNW-003ZC,W:95.20mm x H:77.30mm
75700-S5T-E01, W:92mm x H:75mm
75701-S6M-Z01, W:86.13mm x H:69.73mm
75701-S1A-E11ZB, W:79.4mm x H:65mm
75701-TF0-003, W:92mm × H:75mm

Both our Front and Rear Honda badges are the same size, and measure about 103mmx84mm. I used a clear plastic ruler so they might not be exact. I compared the front and the rear and they are exactly the same size. The only difference is the peg type/location.

Comparison of size, they dont lay flat due to the peg types not being broken off all the way.

Front Shot

Rear Shot

Our stock size is 103mmx84mm, So the closest sizes to our cars is
75700-SNW-003,W:113mm x H:92mm Goes to the FD2 Front
75700-SYY-003, W:108mm x H90mm "Supposable" 2012 Jazz Front
75700-S5T-E01, W:92mm x H:75mm Goes to the EP3 Front

I have read on this forum and seen some people suggest 75700-S5T-E11 but as you can see the measurements are too big for our application. W:123mm x H100mm

I have a few different sources I can get parts from, and they can get the fd2 front via part number, and the ep3 front via part number, but the part number the the 2012 Jazz front they can't get. We know the fd2 and ep3 were production type r cars, the 2012 Jazz/Fit Type R was only a prototype and as far as I have read/researched, never actually made it to production. So I searched far and wide, and the closest I found to the 2012 Jazz type r emblems look like knock offs. So I dont know How I feel about them. They were listed and sold on ebay, as genuine/OEM but as you can see they clearly are not. But they do fit nicely into the grooves, and the pegs for the rear fit right in perfectly. The packaging looks legit besides the label on top of another label, but the quality in the emblems is clearly not there.

These are the comparison of sizes between the OEM/Genuine Badges.

These pics show the comparison of size between knockoff 2012 Jazz/Fit front emblem

Proof the ones I purchased are knock offs and compared to the genuine ones.

The labels are fishy, but the color of the bottom label matches the oem color better then the top label. The plastic bags was different, the knock offs had a recyclable ink stamp on the bag, and the genuine ones did not have any stamps. The stamps weren't fading and looked solid on the knock offs. The oem/genuine ones used a cardboard backing, while the knockoffs used a foam block.

Picture of the knock off emblem for the 2012 Jazz/fit

Since it fits good, I am temped to use the knockoffs, but my heart/soul will know they are knock offs. So the big question is, do you go bigger and cover the grooves/use extra double sided tape so it sticks well? Or do you go smaller and have space around the emblem itself.

If someone knows where to get a genuine badge for the 2012 Fit/Jazz, that would be amazing, but I think it is a fake part number floating around the internet and doesn't exist.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Good info!

I have a set of FD2R fronts. I haven't tried any other badges on the front, but these fit very well. They are a bit larger as you mentioned, but work well.

My issue is with the rear. Due to the curve of the badges, or should I say the flatness of our rear, the FD2R fronts have a gap on the side and don't fit flush with the body. How flat are the other badges you've tried? Not all your images are loading on my side, but the knockoff Jazz ones seem pretty flat. How do they fit the rear?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im sorry Im a bit confused. Where can these be ordered are these OEM part numbers...after receiving some feed back part numbers 75700-SYY-003 fit perfect. Where can it be bought, any info is appreciated! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im sorry Im a bit confused. Where can these be ordered are these OEM part numbers...after receiving some feed back part numbers 75700-SYY-003 fit perfect. Where can it be bought, any info is appreciated! Thanks guys!
I think the easiest way to get them is Ebay. Many seller offers type R badges on good prices, but I'm sure you can find a dealer in the vendor forum too.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Why in the world would Honda ever need more than a half-dozen sizes of badge? I mean, really? 131mm to 79mm? Couldn't they all get away with 100mm and call it a day?

·
Premium Member
5,623 Posts
Why in the world would Honda ever need more than a half-dozen sizes of badge? I mean, really? 131mm to 79mm? Couldn't they all get away with 100mm and call it a day?
Yeah, one size to fit all. And one mounting type for all, front and back--even the clip/mounting type varies between cars and front/back of same vehicle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why not remove the stock badges and spray them the colour required or have them sprayed professionally if you're not comfortable with a rattle can - job's a good'n. I had this very issue on all of my previous Honda's and the badges never fitted right - incorrect curvature and no pins to fit the holes which led to water leaking in after some time. I contemplated changing the ones on my Z but not at the price of them taking from the look of the car or water leaking into the boot lid!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know I'm reviving an old thread....but does anyone have some comparison pictures? And more specifically, which badge did you end up using for the rear?

It seems some badges are listed as "front" but haven't found much for the "rear." But some people claim to have used a front badge for the rear....? But don't they have different holes for mounting and whatnot?

Any help would be very appreciated!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts