Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it has cooled down here in the PACNORWEST.

I normally hit the defrost and turn temp up to high for a few minutes until the windows defrost/fog and it is eh toasty in the cabin. Then turn off the defrost and the temp down to 70 or so.

But, It seems even at 70, it is still blowing warm air. Seems like it would do the opposite and start blowing cool air to take it down to selected temp.

Anyone else notice this?

Yea, I'll probably take it in and ensure the sensors are working. Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed this and make a note of the problem with the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
hmmmz... not sure... the air temp in the car might still be cold whereas your skin might feel hot... our skin takes a moment to adjust from wildly opposing temps... and example is; if you go into a 70* room from 30* outside temps... that 70* feels more like 90*... and it's the same the other way around...

what i'm saying is that i don't think anything is wrong with the car/sensors... b/c i bet if you drop it down to 60* it turns cold right?? if not, then take it in haha

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmmz... not sure... the air temp in the car might still be cold whereas your skin might feel hot... our skin takes a moment to adjust from wildly opposing temps... and example is; if you go into a 70* room from 30* outside temps... that 70* feels more like 90*... and it's the same the other way around...

what i'm saying is that i don't think anything is wrong with the car/sensors... b/c i bet if you drop it down to 60* it turns cold right?? if not, then take it in haha
Yea, just comparing it my Civic Hybrid. Temp settings seemed much more responsive. Wifey has even noticed. Probably take it in next chance. Will add to the post.

·
Registered
421 Posts
used the heat for the first time the other day (gotta love Florida weather). i noticed the car was blowing a generous amount of air volume and heat at 70. i started with 76 and got warm pretty fast, lowered to 70 and still too much air flow and heat.

so our cars seem to be similar. doubt it's a problem, just have to figure out the proper temp settings. i have only had the car for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I normally hit the defrost and turn temp up to high for a few minutes until the windows defrost/fog and it is eh toasty in the cabin. Then turn off the defrost and the temp down to 70 or so.

But, It seems even at 70, it is still blowing warm air. Seems like it would do the opposite and start blowing cool air to take it down to selected temp.

Anyone else notice this?

Yea, I'll probably take it in and ensure the sensors are working. Just checking to see if anyone else has noticed this and make a note of the problem with the forum.
70f is like 21c, right? so no wonder its still blowing warm, that is warm :D I normally have mine on 18c. I've not tried low temp settings in the ZF1 but in the R33 the lowest is 16c/60f, so I'd try that if you want cool air.

used the heat for the first time the other day (gotta love Florida weather). i noticed the car was blowing a generous amount of air volume and heat at 70. i started with 76 and got warm pretty fast, lowered to 70 and still too much air flow and heat.

so our cars seem to be similar. doubt it's a problem, just have to figure out the proper temp settings. i have only had the car for 2 weeks.
Again, try lower settings like 60, and for less volume, maybe set to windscreen and feet mode + one/two bar fan speed? :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've only used mine in cold weather, but left on auto (21-22C) the hot air on my feet gets too much after 45 min driving. To the extent that I'm wondering about the possibility of diverting the foot vent a little. definitely a design flaw in my view.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I usualy run mine at 64 degrees inside the car this time of year while it is around 35 outside. This morning it was 24 outside and I had it at 67 after warming up on High for the first 5 or so miles. The next 27 to work were fine. Fan speed usually on 1 or 2 bars.

On a side note, does anyone with the NAV really use the voice recognition for climate control? Seems like everything it will do is just a 'one touch' operation anyway (other than fan speed and temp). Since you have to touch the voice button once to get it to work, might as well just touch the button you are trying to change. I will say that the temp change is a nice feature even if it is a little slow to repeated and change.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On a side note, does anyone with the NAV really use the voice recognition for climate control? Seems like everything it will do is just a 'one touch' operation anyway (other than fan speed and temp). Since you have to touch the voice button once to get it to work, might as well just touch the button you are trying to change. I will say that the temp change is a nice feature even if it is a little slow to repeated and change.
Only when I want to impress someone. And then it usually screws it up.
:rolleyes:

Primarily use it for the bluetooth. All important numbers recorded, e.g. phonehome, call work, etc. Use it for audio also. When I get lost, use the gohome command.

Your right though, the climate controls are very well situated. Pretty easy to do it by hand. Just don't feel the tempurature settings are as responsive as they were in the Civic. Next time I have the chance to take it in. Will have the service department look at it. Not really a big deal. Was just curious if anyone else noticed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've only used mine in cold weather, but left on auto (21-22C) the hot air on my feet gets too much after 45 min driving. To the extent that I'm wondering about the possibility of diverting the foot vent a little. definitely a design flaw in my view.
Do you not have a button on the climate control cluster that does this? It's a picture of man with arrows pointing to his head and feet.

Could the USDM have another thing the EDM doesn't have. :D

Anyone else notice this?

Even at 50-60* ambient temps it's toasty after a while at 70*. My comfortable heater temperature is 67 after everything is heated up.

It's not a problem, Scotty. I'd save yourself the time and not take it in.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not a problem, Scotty. I'd save yourself the time and not take it in.
Yep, tested and took it down to 65 after the initial defrost. Started blowing cool air to take it down to selected temp and then took it back to 70 (degrees) and all is good.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yep, tested and took it down to 65 after the initial defrost. Started blowing cool air to take it down to selected temp and then took it back to 70 (degrees) and all is good.
:thumbsup: Glad you got it working how you like.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:thumbsup: Glad you got it working how you like.
Just found out my problem. Concern was climate control. For example - You turn on the defrost and it does its job, but the cabin temp is probably in the 80's and you want a comfortable 70 degrees or below. So you turn the temp down to 70 thinking the climate control should adjust and blow cooler air to get the temp to your selection.

Just dialing the temp down does not do it. You have to select "Auto"... Dohhhhh. Once you do that, the system will adjust to bring the temp to the the selected temp.

Just dialing the temp does not mean you are using the climate control. Gotta push the Auto center button. 3K+ miles and I just now figured that out? Don't dog me out too much.

:iough:

Page 131 in the manual

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:pat: :iorun: :rotfl: :lol:
:blush: Yea, I deserve that

:hiding: If all else fails, read the manual. In this case, "Auto" works really well.

But, I did have to solve this simple problem me-self. Whasup with that? :cry: I'll take a self defacing guess - no one wanted to call me an idiot..

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Just found out my problem. Concern was climate control. For example - You turn on the defrost and it does its job, but the cabin temp is probably in the 80's and you want a comfortable 70 degrees or below. So you turn the temp down to 70 thinking the climate control should adjust and blow cooler air to get the temp to your selection.

Just dialing the temp down does not do it. You have to select "Auto"... Dohhhhh. Once you do that, the system will adjust to bring the temp to the the selected temp.

Just dialing the temp does not mean you are using the climate control. Gotta push the Auto center button. 3K+ miles and I just now figured that out? Don't dog me out too much.

Page 131 in the manual
Thanks, Scotty. That's good to know for us non manual readers. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i warm up the cabin for about 10 minutes with heater on hi heat but fan on 2 bars facing forward and on feet. cabin still alittle cool but not as cold as it was when i first got in. then i start to drive and put fan on 1 bar less then full, when im quarter way to work i lower fan back to 2 bars and turn heat to 77-78*F. when ever i turn the auto on the fan kicks in on hi(full bars) and right away i feel i have to lower the fan which takes it out of auto. and like tsh said
I'm wondering about the possibility of diverting the foot vent a little. definitely a design flaw in my view.
, im use to this feature in my other cars and wish it was possible to do in this one. think ill have to add this to the "What dont you like about your CRZ" thread.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just noticed that after using "auto" on climate control, it gives the onboard logic more control for autostop. Autostop is actually engaging at night with lights, radio etc, in SPORT mode. When autostop engages, it does turn down the air to minimum. And don't think I am getting 1.5 minutes worth, (in SPORT) but autostop is definitley engaging more often with AC in "Auto"

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just noticed that after using "auto" on climate control, it gives the onboard logic more control for autostop. Autostop is actually engaging at night with lights, radio etc, in SPORT mode. When autostop engages, it does turn down the air to minimum. And don't think I am getting 1.5 minutes worth, (in SPORT) but autostop is definitley engaging more often with AC in "Auto"
We may need to change this thread. But, for anyone who likes the autostop function. I have seen a big difference since putting my internal environmentals to "auto". Almost a night a day difference and as stated above, even when in SPORT mode.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Is there always a load from the a/c while in auto climate control mode? I would have hoped that it would not have engaged the a/c unless the temps were elevated or the windshield defroster was on.

I realize that Econ mode may dial it back some, but I would have preferred that the a/c would have remained off until required.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.