Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i resetted my battery due to tration control and abs light coming on, which isnt going away so itll be going to the dealer on monday, but i need toenter a code in the radio for teh radio to work. i have the code, but i am clueless on how to enter it!

i tried 1-6 and no matter what i press each time i pres a number it will come out with a letter everytime spelling code, can anyone help?

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
i resetted my battery due to tration control and abs light coming on, which isnt going away so itll be going to the dealer on monday, but i need toenter a code in the radio for teh radio to work. i have the code, but i am clueless on how to enter it!

i tried 1-6 and no matter what i press each time i pres a number it will come out with a letter everytime spelling code, can anyone help?
The only help I can give is from the owners manual

Audio System Theft Protection​
The audio system is disabled when it is disconnected from the power source, such
as when the 12 volt battery is disconnected or goes dead.​
■■​
Entering the Audio Security Code

“ENTER CODE” appears on the display when the power is reconnected.​
111​
Turn on the audio system.

222​
Enter the security code using the preset buttons.

Models with navigation system​
Touch the icon to enter the code, then touch the Done icon to set it.
If you enter an incorrect digit, continue to the last digit, then try again. If you do
not enter the code correctly after 10 tries, you need to visit a dealer to have the​
system reset.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You sure you aren't just seeing the masked out numbers? Each number press enters the number, but is only represented by an "X" on the screen. Just type out your code and just make sure the number of X's match the number of digits in your code.

-Hoi

·
Registered
33 Posts

Hey, I've had my car just about a week now and my ABS light and vehicle traction lights came on. I'm assuming this is an error since the car is a week old.

How did you solve this problem? Do I need to take it back into the dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ran into this problem last night. I know what the code is, but since I have the base model 6mt, it only goes up to 6 and the last digit of the code is 9. Tried to input 3 thinking it just starts over after 6 but no luck.

Any info??

·
Registered
184 Posts
My radio code came on a little white business looking card that the dealer put in a pocket that the car manual bag has. The code is 61645 (note that the code doesn't contain 7,8,9 or 0 because it's impossible to enter from the HU), and when I press "6" it shows up as a "C". Then the 1 shows up as a "O" on the screen. And so on, such that each press of the code, spells "CODE" on the screen, with the last number unlocking the head unit.

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Also have the ability to access Honda Owner's Link.. Provides information.

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/ Apologize.. Didn't think about this in my first response...

·
Registered
162 Posts
NICE!! I was looking it at the code that was on the back of the other Key Fob that had a letter and 3 numbers after it going by what was said on the page before so I thought that was it. I'll look for that other code when I get home from work to see if that works.

Thanks guys!

As a side note, also talked to the dealer. They wouldn't even tell me how to do it and wanted me to bring it in because they needed proof I was the owner for anti-theft purposes in case anyone was going to do that in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Вітаю

Hoi!

Your guidance helped imensely!
My crz has become my project car. only owner since 11 and 100k. I do a lot of canada driving and the snow is cruel to pearl. Yesterday+3, raining and that is abnormal for here. I took a gravel road and instead of getting stuck i put her in sport and lower gear and she powered through. Run STRONG always and not a piece of **** car like the jerks say.

Thank you
Дякую (thank you in my language)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.