Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the OBDII port is on the bottom of the sterring column. This seems like a really anoying place to have a cable attached all the time. That is what got me to thinking about the alternitives.

Things I would like to monitor:
Engine Temp.
Battery Temp. not availible on OBDII??
Oil Pressure. not availible on OBDII??

I have thought about the OBDII gauges, they were more costly
and did not seem really set up for constant use. K

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Does anyone know how to get into diagnostic mode into our cars? Our radios whould be able to display speed like the 8th gen radio can.

It seems to me that the heater fan never kicks in while on auto until it gets warm so there has to be a sensor somewhere telling the climate control the engine temp

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
I should be getting one of these in the mail soon:

Brockway Engineering Digital Gauges

I ordered it through Vivid Racing.
OK, I'm curious as to what 4 parameters you are going to be monitoring?
When it says it reads boost pressure, would that be from a separate sensor (seems to have multiple inputs), as I don't understand how it could get that from the OBDII data?

It looks interesting. Odd that transmission temperature is not one of the available options (or I missed it - oh look, a castle). I doubt you would need that data, but I've seen it on other similar gauges (the others in this thread).

· Registered
806 Posts
Just purchased the PLX kiwi2. I'm thinking that is an elegant way of monitoring your car. There is also a way to monitor the boost but ill wait on that since its an extra $100.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Anyone know if Honda makes a SW upgrade that allows the engine temperature to be displayed as a selectable window on the information screen?
No they do not..

· Registered
149 Posts
I just got an UltraGauge. Works great. It has a ton of different data points that you can customize to your display. Only wish it would show each tires PSI. $52

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
I just got an UltraGauge. Works great. It has a ton of different data points that you can customize to your display. Only wish it would show each tires PSI. $52
So, what data are you planning to monitor with it?

· CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,161 Posts
So, for those who bought hard-wired ODBII based gauges, what are you finding that you can access via these tools? I think they are a great idea, but I'm trying to figure out which one to use.
The PLX one is intriguing, but I'm not sure I want to run my phone down by using it as a display.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.