Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the rumours around the internet it appears as is if Honda is planning on using a 1.8 litre, 140 bhp engine using similar Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) as the Insight hybrid currently has. Does everyone think this is the safest bet for the best possible MPG?

·
Registered
73 Posts
1.3L or 1.8L ??

From the rumours around the internet it appears as is if Honda is planning on using a 1.8 litre, 140 bhp engine using similar Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) as the Insight hybrid currently has. Does everyone think this is the safest bet for the best possible MPG?
I think thats debatable for now.... i've read that under the hood will be Honda’s Integrated Motor Assist (IMA), which combines a 1.3-litre, naturally-aspirated combustion engine with a small electric motor for a net output of 98 horsepower.

I would much prefer to have the 140 bhp motor (maybe it will be optional?) but for now, i'm hearing its the 1.3 L

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like some more info about the engine specs have been released

http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/car-news/honda-cr-z-hybrid-production-confirmed

The CR-Z will be the brand’s sportiest hybrid model yet. It will be powered by the 1.3-litre 100bhp petrol engine found in the Insight and Civic Hybrid, coupled with Honda’s IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) system, which will boost power to around 130bhp and provide torque of around 200lb-ft.

The CR-Z is expected to be capable of 0-62mph in around nine seconds, with a combined fuel economy of 55mpg and CO2 emissions of around 100g/km.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reading a few articles today and found this:

The CRZ...is expected to be launched with a 1.5 i-VTEC petrol unit with around 120bhp, linked to a 14bhp electric motor.

From AutoCar.co.uk

When the 1.5-litre VTEC Petrol engine gets to have its way though, 130bhp will stir things up a bit and a 0-60mph of around nine seconds

From Crave Online

So it seems as if the 1.5 liter VTEC engine is looking like the engine of choice. Multiple other sites also quote the same engine, but the horsepower numbers all seem to be different. Tokyo Motor Show should give us the exact details on the engine as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.