Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CR-Z
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening.
My check emissions light is on. got auto zone to check the codes and it came back with bank one lean. we have run propane over the vacuum lines to check for leaks and did not get any.

SO I'm looking at new injectors. But what about a fuel filter? or the sludge in the fuel tank? I'm leaning toward starting with the begingin of the problem which in my mind would be at the fuel tank and filter. I learned the hard way last year that my car is not meant for the higher ethanol fuel and ended up replacing my O2 sensors. Yes, I have learned it wasn't worth the couple of pennies that I save. money has been tight and it sounded good up front. In all of this im concerned that I broke more then just an O2 sensor.

I bought my car new in 2011, almost a 170,000 miles. Its been a great car taken mad abuse and is only just now asking for more then basic oil changes. Trying to make up for poor previous decisions and keep my awesome little care running for many more miles. I am that person and most likely manages to run my car out of fuel every couple of years. My car is also put through all of its paces at least once a week sometime with a full to slightly overloaded trunk. Please not give my a silly lecher that I need a truck; if I wanted a truck I would have one. I drive large unwieldy things for work, it really refreshing to drive something nimble with a clutch when I'm done. Sometimes I just nead to take a bunch of gear with me.

Recommendations/suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
59 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cr-Z Ex NSBP
74 Posts
I had a check emissions when I first got my crz back in 2018 . Turned out to be the VTEC solenoid, I think that's what it's called. It's very easy to replace. Apparently the tiny filter inside can get clogged. I bought mine used from eBay . Also, on my 4g TL, I had an emissions light on along with the check gas cap. I bought a new purge valve, didn't fix the issue. And I then got a used charcoal canister but the repair would have been more involved than a few bolts so I decided to buy an oem gas cap. It was the gas cap all along lol but definitely want to get the codes read before u start throwing parts at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts