Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got an alert pop up from my car when I reached 35k miles on it, it also went away after 150miles. Has anyone gotten this alert around 35k, if so, what you do? where you took you car? and how much did you pay for it?

-V

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the respond Shazz, I can see that too since I got an aftermarket intake. Takeda to be exact.

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
Have you plugged in a new electrical accessory or anything like that? I get random dash lights sometimes when I have certain things plugged into the cigarette lighter, including a check emissions light. It took me awhile to figure out it was something totally unrelated that was causing it. The electrical system on these cars are very sensitive to anything getting power from it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My Check Emission System notification came on while was driving home last night. It did get very cold out last night and I had just installed my Takeda intake last week so I was thinking it could be a combination of those. I remembered seeing this thread a while back so I looked and none of u guys say what to do. Do I wait for it to just come off or should I take it to the dealer? Also it won't let me change driving modes it feels like I'm in ECO! :-/

·
Registered
419 Posts
Okay it went away after say 100 miles, does anybody think i should pursue the issue or now that it's gone away just forget it? I just hit 32,000 miles and i know people have had similar notifications this far down the road. Can anyone give me some input?

·
Registered
419 Posts
The light is back on. I took my intake out and tightened the MAF, the PCV valve and everything else. It is not the gas cap either! Someone please give me somethin:cursing:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
Do a battery disconnect and let everything reset??

·
Registered
419 Posts
I disconnected the battery and re-connected it and the light was gone. But i disconnected it for the install initially so i didn't think i needed to do it again after the ECU reset. We'll see how long it lasts...thanks yet again scotty :thumbsup:

·
Capt'n Jack
9,498 Posts
Hopefully after taking it out and re-tightening everything and putting the intake back.. It'll work.. Have not really seen anyone getting lit up with an intake on the forum.. When I had my Typhoon installed at my local Speed Shop, I asked them if they needed to do a ECU reset and they stated no.. Never got any type of CEL.. Worked out of the box so to speak..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine came up a couple of times already, the more times It comes up the less it lasts each time. My last one came up and it was up for like 30miles and then it went away. When it comes up u can't change modes (it goes back to driving in normal mode). The first time I got it was a 35k but I had all my stuff installed for a good amount of miles before I came up (~1000mi).

I been over tighting the fuel cap since then and it hasn't come up yet. The dealership can't help u unless u bring it to them when the light is on, I haven't been able to go because of my tight schedule and the light not lasting long.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine came up a couple of times already, the more times It comes up the less it lasts each time. My last one came up and it was up for like 30miles and then it went away. When it comes up u can't change modes (it goes back to driving in normal mode). The first time I got it was a 35k but I had all my stuff installed for a good amount of miles before I came up (~1000mi).

I been over tighting the fuel cap since then and it hasn't come up yet. The dealership can't help u unless u bring it to them when the light is on, I haven't been able to go because of my tight schedule and the light not lasting long.
next time the light comes on, you can take it to autozone or pepboys (or probably a similar auto parts store) and they'll check the code for you for free.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry to keep this thread going, but my Check Emissions System came back on again today after being perfectly fine for like 200 miles. I went to AutoZone and used their Actron AutoScanner and pulled the codes. Both of the codes i received were for the engine running too lean. After i unplugged the device and turned my car back on the light was gone. But everytime it goes off it always comes back. Does anyone have a solid solutions besides removing the Takeda or disconnecting the negative on the battery or buying Hondata Flashpro. The Flashpro i do want but its not in the budget at the moment.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just got the "Check Emissions System" warning today. It could be a combination of either bad gas and/or MAF sensor is dirty.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I got that light right now. Only thing I can think is last fill up I used the expensive gas and not the cheap stuff I usually use. I'm taking about grade gas people.
You may want to check to make sure your gas cap is on tight. Ultimately that was my issue. I have the locking gas cap and sometimes it makes the clicking noise even when it isn't on tightly. In my case I pushed down with some force while tightening. That solved my "Check Emission System" light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I also got the "Emissions System" warning this week in combination with VSA warning. It turned out that some rodent, squirrel or rat decided to have a whole section of MAF sensor's harness for dinner.

·
Registered
419 Posts
^^^ dude those are some sneeky little mice, that stinks big time I do remember some other ppl having rodents in their engine bay also. That is one problem I am thankful not to have...I just think my MAF gasket isnt flush all the way around its def not my gas cap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having the same problem now. I just installed a Takeda intake and a Honda Fit intake manifold. The check emission system message showed up the day after the install. I disconnected the battery but it came back on after about a half hour. Any suggestions? Should I just bring the car to autozone and check the error code?.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If it came on right after you installed those, just double check to see if the MAF sensor is plugged in. Double check any other tubes and etc and make sure they are all plugged in.

Sent from Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 55 Posts