Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the standard factory emblems actually attached to the car? Do they just drill a hole in the body panel and bolt the thing on or do they use some kind of adhesive super glue? I've never had one come off or loose but might want to take mine off (if possible) for a paint job and then re-attach.

Plain jane chrome is nice but not if I want something else to compliment the color of my car (silver storm). My Acura trade in has gold plated accent emblems, which I like, but not sure what I want to do when I get the new CR Z.

Feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The factory H emblems are attached with double sided tape and clip type washers. As for the rear, you can use a dental flaw to cut the double sided tape off.

As for the front, it will be tougher because the clip held on to the emblem really tight so you might need to break them off. If you are gentle enough, you will not damage the emblem and probably reuse it again.

The rest of the emblems are held by double sided tape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.