Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming home tonight I thought as it was late and the roads were clear I would give the car a good run. Once I got over 102mph there was a kind of electronic buzz similar to radio interference coming from what sounded like the centre console! The radio was totally off so it kind of surprised me lol As soon as I dropped below 102 it stopped. Anyone else experience this? oh and sorry if it's already been posted but I couldn't get the search up on my phone :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've heard that the IMA battery ventalation system can produce some noise at times. The intake is located just to the side and behind the drivers seat... and since sound can distort at times, I wonder if this could be the culprit...?

... When you say Center Console are talking towards the dash or between the seats?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive not set either of the speed alerts so dont think its that lol Centre console as in radio and cup holders area, and I know what the ima fan sounds like it's much much louder and totally different sound. I first thought that maybe it was to do with the charging system but surely it would make the sound at the same rpm in each gear and it was only above 102 in 5th and 6th.

I've heard that the IMA battery ventalation system can produce some noise at times. The intake is located just to the side and behind the drivers seat... and since sound can distort at times, I wonder if this could be the culprit...?

... When you say Center Console are talking towards the dash or between the seats?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only in the sense that I was going very fast lol.. not windy weather wise no & it only does it above the speed I mentioned so if it was a windy day it should just do it at any time :) Not advising people to go try it out either lol unless your in Germany near unrestricted autobahn :thumbup:

I have the same thing, but only if there is strong wind coming from the side...
was it windy ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
This was mentioned in a different thread, although I don't remember which one. But yes, I too have experienced the sound, I think its just a warning sound, but I have experienced it at different speeds. I once heard it start to kick in at around 90 mph, and then at around 102 as well. So I'm not sure if it has to do with the speeds, or a warning of something mechanical...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was a bit like back to the future, but way over 88mph :p would have been cool if I'd left two flame marks on the ground and blue flashes from the footwells :D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
This was mentioned in a different thread, although I don't remember which one. But yes, I too have experienced the sound, I think its just a warning sound, but I have experienced it at different speeds. I once heard it start to kick in at around 90 mph, and then at around 102 as well. So I'm not sure if it has to do with the speeds, or a warning of something mechanical...
I have a sound, a loud one at that, that comes from the bottom right of my windshield. It can happen as low as 72mph, which is sometimes slower than the flow of traffic in H-Town. I'm pretty sure it has to do with wind speed and direction, because sometime it doesn't happen until 85ish.

I believe it's a bad seal on the windshield and will take a tech. for a ride when I go in for the 1st oil change.

And it's a loud, high pitched sound. Amolst a screech, but not mechanical nor metal-metal. It really sounds like air forcing it's way in. And it doesn't surprise me, the CR-Z is so damn sealed you have to have the fan on for any airflow. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old, but anybody else figured anything out on this? I came across the noise today at the *track* when I hit right around 105 and as soon as i dropped down a few mph is stopped, so I was leaning towards it being something electrical as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.