Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
EV’s will not gain wide acceptance until there are options that people below the poverty line can afford. That will not happen in the next 10, 20 or maybe even 30 years. And with used car prices shooting up, the day they rule the roads is getting farther and farther away.

The average price of a used EV is around $45k. They’re less than 5% of all cars on the road. Very few people making less than 60k a year can afford a new one. Ten year old Teslas are still out of range of most blue collar families. Even Nissan Leafs, which most people hate, are barely affordable to blue collar workers.

Simply put, it matters not how nice EV’s are. If most people can’t afford them, they’ll remain a niche. Why are Mercedes-Benz a symbol of status for going in 70 years? Because most people without status can’t afford them. That works for EV’s now and for the foreseeable future as well.
Look to China to see what happens. Lower class and even middle class people will be on bikes and scooters and only the wealthy will have cars.

Welcome to the War on Cars. Used cars are being scrapped left and right, now more than ever. Insurance companies total them for minor scuffs, and cheap chinese parts keep broken cars broken. Then add in catalytic converter thefts and CARB cat laws = cars being totaled instead of repaired.

Parts shortages for suspension, body parts, even oil filters can be hard to come by.

DMVs now revoking titles for 25+ year imported vehicles and revoking titles for historical military vehicles.

The end is nigh folks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sure maybe you can afford to buy a Hummer EV or a Rivian or a Tesla Plaid. They go 300-400 miles range right? Plug them in at home after driving that far and see how long it takes to charge up. Close to 24 hours using a standard 30amp 220 dryer socket which is the fastest available to basically every house in America.

·
Registered
106 Posts
From what I understand, the EV issue is still a problem because of how the power is produced for the grid that it has to be charged by. Until we are totally clean in power generation, it isn't really the environmental solution it seems to be, despite the reduced emissions from the vehicle itself...

Personally, I worry more about the disappearance of the manual transmissions....

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I get the meme or whatever but that's not my way of life. The majority of the country doesn't live like that either. I put about 100 miles on a couple different cars driving all over the place today I didn't sit it any traffic.
Carbrain bragging they drove 100 miles in multiple cars in one day and didn't hit no traffic.

Shit I forgot to get eggs.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
obviously you live in an urban hellhole. Sorry about that.
This thread just rapidly degraded into arguments between people of the same means about lithium mine "we will coup whoever we want" electric cars vs war-for-petroleum cars and soulless self driving robocop cars vs speed-limit-smog-check-license-registration-and-insurance-'Freedom' cars.

F all cars and the car dependent society. As with most things in this world those that stand to gain want the common folk arguing amongst each other just like in this thread instead of realizing that they've been played and are completely reliant on the system regardless of the means of propulsion or who's driving.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yellow is actually faster than red, little known fact.
That's because LEGALLY yellow jugs are for diesel fuel, and red jugs are for gasoline(even heavily alcohol biased blends of it, and diesel engines are superior in torque output to gasoline engines.😉🏁

·
Registered
297 Posts
This thread just rapidly degraded into arguments between people of the same means about lithium mine "we will coup whoever we want" electric cars vs war-for-petroleum cars and soulless self driving robocop cars vs speed-limit-smog-check-license-registration-and-insurance-'Freedom' cars.

F all cars and the car dependent society. As with most things in this world those that stand to gain want the common folk arguing amongst each other just like in this thread instead of realizing that they've been played and are completely reliant on the system regardless of the means of propulsion or who's driving.
Actually me and people like me that have owned and own electric cars gave our real world experience and people like you just posted 20 useless memes.

So yes, you certainly did ruin this discussion.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Actually me and people like me that have owned and own electric cars gave our real world experience and people like you just posted 20 useless memes.

So yes, you certainly did ruin this discussion.
Ah fucking cry about it. You already were whining about it with your chicken little "wElCoMe tO tHa WaR oN cArS! dOnT tAkE aWaY mUh CaR tHe EnD iS nIgH fOlKs!" lmao carbrain.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Why are you here? Why do you own a CRZ? Sell it and buy a Nissan Leaf. Put your money where your mouth is.
You've been here for 200 days. Telling me to leave and put my money where my mouth is? LOL!!! Go fuck yourself. I've been here with my stupid CR-Z for eleven years, four months and twelve days and I'll be here long after you've gone on to the next shiny object fadcar baby need want consume to fit in 'they're cancelling car culture gubment pushing electric cars chyna' 😭 must need oil. Or until I get banned.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You've been here for 200 days. Telling me to leave and put my money where my mouth is? LOL!!! Go fuck yourself. I've been here with my stupid CR-Z for eleven years, four months and twelve days and I'll be here long after you've gone on to the next shiny object fadcar baby need want consume to fit in 'they're cancelling car culture gubment pushing electric cars chyna' 😭 must need oil. Or until I get banned.
Ok, sounds like you have nothing but insults so I'm just going to put you on ignore. You don't have an EV because they don't work. Bye.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts