Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

Eibach CR-Z

50K views 70 replies 34 participants last post by  Tbot 
#1 ·
We received a CR-Z from Honda back in July and we're slowly building it up for SEMA. We'll also be using this car for product development and and ocassional track. I'll post updates here as they come as things are starting to snowball pretty quickly now that SEMA is just around the corner. Some of you may have seen this on Honda-Tech but I wanted to post this on a more CR-Z specific site.

As of right now we have springs, sway bars and mono-tube coilovers in development for this car.

Here's the CR-Z the day it arrive to in July.

Update on page 6:
Hasport installs K24 engine for us!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
i really like that intake. its got a nice heatshield on it. My only concern is that the heatsield looks too tight around the filter. Air would only be sucking through the top and the front a little bit. Possibly a larger diameter heatshield would be ideal. Then again it's a prototype. Looks good nonetheless!

#13 ·
The car is pretty much complete at this point. We got the car back from getting paint and graphics late Friday of last week. Had the wheels installed that night and pulled the car out for a small meet held here at Eibach. Then installed the Stoptech Big Brake Kit Monday morning and had the roll bar powder coated to our Eibach red before it left for SEMA. Here are a few pictures...

Attachments

#33 ·
The CR-Z handles very well with minimal mods. The car was very planted the entire day. We used prototype coilovers we developed in house for this car. The springs we initially used were a bit soft after doing a few laps so we upped rates front and rear. After we made the spring change on our coilovers we were able to control the car a little more and point it right where we needed. I'd like to go back with street tires to do more testing as we were using R Compound tires.

There was definitely a lack of power with this car which is a given. However, I think with some weight reduction, closer gearing and a decent limited slip differential, this car could be very competitive in a "hybrid" class of racing. I'd personally like to stay away from supercharging or turboing this car and squeeze every bit of power out of the stock engine.

The wheel and tire set up we ran fits the car perfectly. We ran Work Emotion CR Kai in 17x8 +42 with the Toyo R888. Since the CR-Z came together rather quickly and a few of us had our hands in getting parts together for this project we were a little indecisive on tires so we went with something more track oriented. The R888 tire has way too much grip for this car with stock hp and we knew this going out there but performance was great. To do more development we'd like to run a street tire later.

We had issues with the TPMS light coming on and we later found out that the sensors we were using with the wheels had not been programmed to the car yet. We had bought brand new TPMS sensors from Honda and they worked fine for street driving but once got the tires heated up and started making pressure changes the light came out which caused the VSA to stay on. Having the traction control come on during certain hairpins of the track really slows down the momentum in a low hp car. We'll have this figured out for next time.

Overal, we're very happy with the CR-Z and plan to shed some weight off and hopefully squeeze out some more power before our next event.

Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.