Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving my CRZ for about two weeks now and i can't seem to get my eco score to have more than level 1 leaves. I've driven it smoothly in normal and econ mode and I've used sport mode occassionally. What gives?

· Registered
579 Posts
It takes a while - several weeks to a couple of months of old lady driving. They aren't gonna give it to you that easy I've noticed. You have to EARN it apparently. Your doing everything right though amigo. It just will take a while. Just keep it up!

· Registered
6 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, Vol. Two weeks of driving like an old geezer and no reward above the level 1 leaves yet. I agree with the other posters, that it seems to build up over time. But it's misleading because in the owner's manual it says it's real-time scoring. I've had some trips averaging 50 mpgs and no 2nd level yet. It seems to me that the eco score graphic and the lifetime bar below it are just one and the same?

· Registered
314 Posts
There are two indicators-- the one that I presume you're referring to fills up over time, and in my estimation doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. The other flashes up momentarily after you shut off the ignition and shows you on a one to five tree scale (with partial trees as well) how eco-friendly you drove since the last start-up of the vehicle.

· Registered
6 Posts
dougal - For the display you see when turning off the ignition, is the scale just 1 to 5 leaves, or does it include multiple levels too? I always see five leaves, but they're all level 1 leaves. I'm wondering if there are levels 2 and 3 to this display.

dsands - You can go down. I let my brother test drive it and of course he floored it in sport mode on the freeway. I lost a leaf in the meter. :p

· Registered
101 Posts
can we go down a level? does crap driving take away from the bar?
Yes I think it does, on the days when my wife drives it, the meter seems to stay the same or move back a little. And the average fuel mileage drops by 2 to 3 mpg's

I may not have a green thumb but I got a green toe.

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
Im on two and a half bars with only 3,400 miles. I hope it resets when they do an oil change because it was easy to get there.
You can reset it any time you want. Page 85 on your owner's manual.

R/Scott

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Finished level two today and got a nice crown when I removed the key. Now onto the third level!!

___|_____|___o __|
___|__V__|___V__|
_Y_|__Y__|___Y__|

· Registered
101 Posts
Now at level 3:thumbsup:

___|_____|___o __|
___|__V__|___V__|
_Y_|__Y__|___Y__|

||||||||||||
___|_____|___o __|
___|__V__|___V__|
_Y_|__Y__|___Y__|

|||||||||||||||||||

all Bars filled up on level 3 for several days now.

Is there any more, is there a Congratulations reward, does it reset????
Or should I put it in Sports mode and mow the flowers down?:pat:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.