Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Anyone have experience with 'Speedgear' downpipes? Just found a few listings on ebay and they seem reasonable.
They are nice quality but When I installed the header on my old 11 I had to slightly bend the EGR pipe to fit. Everything else lined up though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are nice quality but When I installed the header on my old 11 I had to slightly bend the EGR pipe to fit. Everything else lined up though.
Any chance you have sound clips? Wondering how loud it's gonna get with the speed gear midpipe and downpipe, and an HKS silent hi-power cat back.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Any chance you have sound clips? Wondering how loud it's gonna get with the speed gear midpipe and downpipe, and an HKS silent hi-power cat back.
My setup was dumb loud because I had a Tegiwa decat pipe and HPD exhaust. HKS would tame it down quite a bit. I have a local buddy that ran HKS with full catless and the sound was mint. Not too loud and not too quiet.

Reactions: mrtwabfish

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
409 Posts
Slightly related, I'm running a J's Racing header and Mugen exhaust and it is VERY loud. I now wear Moldex Battleplugs every day to save my hearing. It has a horrendous drone at highway speeds.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My setup was dumb loud because I had a Tegiwa decat pipe and HPD exhaust. HKS would tame it down quite a bit. I have a local buddy that ran HKS with full catless and the sound was mint. Not too loud and not too quiet.
That's encouraging to hear. Guess this week's paycheck is spoken for

·
Registered
317 Posts
Check out my downpipe for sale it's a Supercircuit which is what the Speedgear is a copy of. The Supercircuit has more overlap in the header section to stop it from cracking, much better quality. This one has also been ceramic coated to keep engine bay temps as low as possible, it also helps to increase the velocity of the exhaust.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out my downpipe for sale it's a Supercircuit which is what the Speedgear is a copy of. The Supercircuit has more overlap in the header section to stop it from cracking, much better quality. This one has also been ceramic coated to keep engine bay temps as low as possible, it also helps to increase the velocity of the exhaust.

I'm interested - dm me, and we can talk. I'd rather buy over PayPal so you don't have to deal with eBay fees

1 - 8 of 8 Posts