Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire White Black

On the Civic Type R (and a few other car brands) there is this knuckle configuration.
On the last gen CTR it would add 1" of offset (2" to track width).

Wondering if this could be lego'd into a CRZ. However I can't find any technical details on the strut diameter, hub splines, wheel bearing diameter, etc.
Anyone know of a good place to source this information on a Type R? (looking at the FK8 and FL5)

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Interesting. Would need to sort out hubs as the Type R is 5x120.

Likely a standard Honda hub. Probably just a matter of pressing in a 5x114.3 hub.

Could be wrong though, might use a larger bearing off a Pilot that is also a 5x120 hub.

· Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Would need to sort out hubs as the Type R is 5x120.

Likely a standard Honda hub. Probably just a matter of pressing in a 5x114.3 hub.

Could be wrong though, might use a larger bearing off a Pilot that is also a 5x120 hub.
That's exactly what i was thinking.

Other thoughts: 1) driveshaft might not be long enough 2) height difference 3) ball joint sleeve

I'm thinking the easiest way to check is to find one in a junkyard and get measurements. Unless someone on here has access to a Type R?

· Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a unit bearing. Unique to the R. Probably not going to find a 5x114.3 hub to bolt on.
I still think this is do-able.
Not really useful for us with CVT's though as we can't output enough torque for it to matter anyways.

I looked and it seems to use the same style ABS wheel speed sensors.
Would need to check the waveform output and see if it's the same though.

When I purchase coilovers I'll get a used knuckle/hub assembly for $300 and try to modify the stock struts to fit them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts