Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I replaced both side ( DRL / Highbeam bulb) from halogen to LED, . The LED i bought it's equipped with built-in error eliminator/CANbus decoder BUT I'm having a pop up message about to check DRL on and off each 5 sec in dashboard ! Only when i start the engine ...

FYI: Ignition on (engine off) and handbrake off, DRL are on and no message on dashboard
And
Keep in mind, If i put Highbeam with those LED, there is no error msg

I hope to find a solution cause the LED i bought are really bright and white (see my pic) BIG difference over halogen

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bro, there's so many threads on this.

Edit: welcome to the forum! I'd help link you up but I'm out and on my mobile rn.

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@OldSkool Yes i know, threads that i found here on LED are old and LED technology are greatly improve since then .... Maybe someone can point me to one particular LED bulb that work out of the box without any error on dashboard for a CRZ .... And without using as much possible a load resistor

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
@OldSkool Yes i know, threads that i found here on LED are old and LED technology are greatly improve since then .... Maybe someone can point me to one particular LED bulb that work out of the box without any error on dashboard for a CRZ .... And without using as much possible a load resistor
the issue is the car, not the bulbs. error cancellers won't work with the CRZ's DRL mechanism.

This write-up is for a 2013+ base model, but will work on the 11-12 EX.

Also, do yourself a favor and get new fog lights: Amazon.com: Morimoto Type H XB LED Projector Fog Light: Automotive

·
Registered
2011 Honda CR-Z
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you @96firephoenix for pointing me to Mrfastfox666 post, i guess that my only solution is a load resistor attach to my LED .....
AND Yes, since I've bought the car, both cracked Fog lens are haunting me ... It's on my to-do list ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts