Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since about 1.5 years I have the 9005 HB3 LED kit installed. Easy install and great looking.
Last Saturday I had to replace my 12V battery (2ed time in a year, other story) and since the battery swap, the DRLs are not coming on anymore.
Checked fuse 15, okay.
High beams are working.

Where do I start?
What am I missing?

B

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you.
I checked all the fuses and they are all good. Still no light.

Went to bed thinking of additional trouble shooting and since it means ripping everything apart and trace down each component on the bench, I might as well order a new kit and redo everything.

Now the really strange part:
Got into the car this morning an low an behold, the DRLs came on again. The function as nothing ever happen. Looks like there is a time delay of some kind? I hate it when there is no root cause and the failure reverts itself.

B

·
Registered
792 Posts
This may be a noob comment, but is your hand brake sticking and not completely down?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a hand brake issue. As said, I would get an error message to release the break, but I tested it anyway and it didn't change anything.

This happened again, now twice.
I believe I have the first indication of when its happening: triggered by Temperature

The DRLs seem to always work in the morning when when its a bit cooler overnight. The last few days its about 40-50s.
During the day it warms up to 60-70, outside parking facing south, and so far every time I start up the car the DRL lights don't come on.

I'll have to re-check every single connection from the bulbs, ballast and harness to see if there is any way of thermal contraction at the point of contact.

I hooked up a Scangauge2 to see if there are any error messages thrown, but so far nothing.

Question is, why would the high beams, which run through the same wire circuits, work all the times?
Does anyone know which of the few contact at the bulb is triggering voltage to the DLR portion of the LED?

B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts