Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
In case it hasn't already been posted, here's a video of the installation being done by one of the forum members. I didn't catch his handle but I found the video useful so maybe others will also. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow 980$ that's gotta be dealership prices.i had both exterior handles break within days of each other. My local Honda wanted 385 a handle before any labor rates...i walked out laughing hysterically then proceeded to crawl through my hatch and drive off. Ha! ....true story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys!

For those of you who are considering doing the repair of these annoying handles on your own, I’ve made a video that for the most part goes through the process step by step. I hope this helps! If you find my video helpful, please consider subscribing and liking the video! Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welp... put it all back together and tried the outer handle with a light tug and something definitely snapped inside the outer handle, it's completely disconnected now. The other handle is just free floating. I guess it's time to find a outer handle and replace it :(
Sorry to hear about your handle bro. ?. Same thing happened with me. In my video I show a little bit on what exactly malfunctioned. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
If someone made a revised metal version or bracket for our handles they would make a killing.

Sent from Samsung S10+

·
Red&Black
6,005 Posts
Someone on facebook fabricated an iron replacement for that piece that breaks. I saw the post recently a few weeks ago in one of the facebook CRZ groups.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Someone on facebook fabricated an iron replacement for that piece that breaks. I saw the post recently a few weeks ago in one of the facebook CRZ groups.
I friend’s handle is broken too. Do you have the link to that Facebook post ? Thanks !

·
Red&Black
6,005 Posts
No I don’t have the link. And it doesn’t help that searching facebook groups for key words SUCKS. The one good thing about forums is easy to store and search DIYs and other info...

If it’s broken just order a new one. The guy who made an iron one is just testing it out. I don’t think he would be ready to mass produce them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a White 2011 CRZ and my son has a Black 2011 CRZ. He just broke the drivers door handle off during the hot summer weather. Passenger side also threatening to quit. (This is probably the kiss of death to say this) Mine are both fine. We had his replaced at a shop for $350 total. There is a you tube video showing the replacement process. All cars seem to have a weak link, guess this the CRZ's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No I don’t have the link. And it doesn’t help that searching facebook groups for key words SUCKS. The one good thing about forums is easy to store and search DIYs and other info...

If it’s broken just order a new one. The guy who made an iron one is just testing it out. I don’t think he would be ready to mass produce them.
I am having the same problem with my driver's door. I got the new handle and assembly but am worried about going through all the trouble to replace this whole thing if the heat down here in FL is going to cause the same thing to happen to this one. Someone on this forum said he had a local college 3d print up a carbon fiber replacement for the plastic part that breaks but not sure how I would go about doing that myself

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
People are so dumb there is clearly a real need and no one has ever considered to make this as a opportunity to make em like better stronger ones.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

161 - 174 of 174 Posts