Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the outer weatherstrip (the molding and rubber that seals against the bottom of the window on the outside) but it doesn't seem to show up in the parts listings and diagrams on the online dealer sites. Anyone have a part # and source for these?

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
If you have any friends in the body shop industry they maybe able to get the part number from the "Crash Book". Or talk to a dealer they may have more detailed parts lists than the usual sources we have access to here online. Another option would be an automotive glass shop. They may not have the parts but maybe able to look them up.

I have looked on https://www.hondapartsnow.com/ multiple times and for exterior all I can find is the trim for the top of the window opening but nothing for the area you indicated.

What is wrong with your current ones?

You can order a whole door from here Used CRZ Parts | Honda | 2011-2016 | Redline Auto Parts:LOL:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I certainly don't need a whole door. ;)
The rubber strip that seals against the window is worn and actually has a tear in one spot where it attaches to the trim piece. Not a huge deal but I would want to replace it if the part is available.

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Black Rtvr to repair the tear till you can find someone to sell you the part. Try the methods I mentioned to get a part number or the part and if you do please post the information.

Thanks, I certainly don't need a whole door. ;)
The rubber strip that seals against the window is worn and actually has a tear in one spot where it attaches to the trim piece. Not a huge deal but I would want to replace it if the part is available.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think RTV would work on this as it's a very thin and flexible piece. Not sure it is worth taking apart and messing with, maybe if I have nothing better to do one day. The tear is not externally visible, you have to look inside with the window down to see it. With the window up the rubber is pressed against the trim and it seals normally.
If I do find the info I'll certainly post it.

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
RTVR when cured is amazingly flexible and is the right material for door trim there maybe better solutions. Good luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the piece off to get a better look, you can see here where it's torn. It's thin felt-covered rubber and pretty dried out, not much to be done with this.
20201115_103715.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,335 Posts
Yup, needs replacement. A source for automotive weatherstripping is www.steelerubber.com I see them mentioned and advertised on a lot of the weekend cable car shows. They have to have something you could use.

I took the piece off to get a better look, you can see here where it's torn. It's thin felt-covered rubber and pretty dried out, not much to be done with this.
View attachment 62601

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just confirmed those part #'s on the Honda parts site and there's even a diagram. Don't know why it didn't come up when browsing the parts listings.
Order placed.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just confirmed those part #'s on the Honda parts site and there's even a diagram. Don't know why it didn't come up when browsing the parts listings.
Order placed.
Thanks guys.

I am in the same boat. My passengers side is pretty rough. I thought I would replace both. I found them on Hondacarpartsdirect for $100 total with shipping.

Is this similar to what you found?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep around that

Left side molding backordered until December, grr. Of course that's the one I really need, the right side isn't torn but the rubber is still shot so i am replacing both sides. Oh well, whenever it gets here I'll change it, maybe Santa will bring the package.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recently bought the driver side one for my car because the dealer didn't have it. Anyone know if the side mirror needs to come off to replace this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I recently bought the driver side one for my car because the dealer didn't have it. Anyone know if the side mirror needs to come off to replace this?
No, just the two black vertical trim pieces at the rear of the door. The inside one unclips and there are 2 screws behind it for the outside one which then pulls up and off. The molding then comes off by pulling up. It helps to have trim tools and patience, even so you'll probably break something on the rear trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to find the outer weatherstrip (the molding and rubber that seals against the bottom of the window on the outside) but it doesn't seem to show up in the parts listings and diagrams on the online dealer sites. Anyone have a part # and source for these?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts