• no

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda CR-Z EX CVT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The door stays (keeps door open when you are parked on an incline) really suck on my car, both doors.
Is this something y'all have seen on your cars as well?
Feels like they kept the Honda Fit/Jazz stays but made the doors twice as heavy / long.

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
I have not seen this issue at all but I hardly ever park on an incline steep enough to worry about it. I always presume the door will not stay open in an inclined situation. No car I have ever had if the car was on a steep incline the doors stayed open.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah they suck. I replaced them with brand new ones they are better but still suck. 5 minutes to replace.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some cars just have better ones than others. Volkswagen doors stick open like there's somebody holding it for you. On Toyotas you often wonder if the thing is even attached. I put my car somewhere in between. Not great but it works. But I live on flat ground.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is something I noticed immediately after buying my 2016 EX 6MT. These doors are both long and heavy. The stays are clearly under-engineered and were probably sourced from the parts bin of a model with a smaller, lighter door. My garage floor is perfectly flat and, once I push the door open, I have a 75% chance of it closing itself before I start to get out. The mechanism has three detente positions and all of them are equally inadequate. The only solution I can imagine is to replace the detente strip with one that has higher ridges. I do not see this as a user fix. The car is so superior, as a whole, I just put up with this problem as a minor irritant.

·
Super Moderator
1,333 Posts
I just push my door until it hits one of the ridges and hope it holds. Sometimes it works, sometimes the door slams into my leg. But I agree with Mr. 6-Speed, a minor irritant on an otherwise pretty-cool vehicle.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This is something I noticed immediately after buying my 2016 EX 6MT. These doors are both long and heavy. The stays are clearly under-engineered and were probably sourced from the parts bin of a model with a smaller, lighter door. My garage floor is perfectly flat and, once I push the door open, I have a 75% chance of it closing itself before I start to get out. The mechanism has three detente positions and all of them are equally inadequate. The only solution I can imagine is to replace the detente strip with one that has higher ridges. I do not see this as a user fix. The car is so superior, as a whole, I just put up with this problem as a minor irritant.
This 100%. I replaced the door stays with brand spanking new ones and it's still like this. They are adjustable I'm going to try and see if it makes any difference to move them around a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts