Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Honda CRZ-EX owner here. My door locks keep engaging while I'm driving. It always occurs after I stop and then reach approximately 10 mph again. What's happening? Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2011 Honda CRZ-EX owner here. My door locks keep engaging while I'm driving. It always occurs after I stop and then reach approximately 10 mph again. What's happening? Any advice will be appreciated.
Are you trying to turn it off or wondering why it’s doing it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,871 Posts
It is a setting in the MID (Multi-Information Display). If you have replaced your battery recently or had the battery disconnected and reconnected that function may have been reset. You can change the setting by following the directions in the owners manual or take a look at these screen shots I made from the 2011 owners manual (Owners Manual for | 2011 Honda CR-Z | Honda Owners) . You can turn that feature off along with the other settings for the door locks as indicated below. The locks should only engage once the car reaches 9 MPH. You can also once you are in the car and engine is running lock the door with the switch then it will not lock again unless you unlock it and reach 9 MPH. It is working as designed.

If the functionality has changed then a setting got reset. Locking at 9 MPH is the default setting for the auto door locks. It is a good idea to have the door locked when driving in case of an accident so you are not thrown from the car and injured.

While we are talking about door locks and safety, when you are putting fuel in your car it should not be running, the key should not be in the car and have the doors locked. There has been an increase in car thefts at gas stations and this will prevent that.
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number
Font Parallel Screenshot Rectangle Diagram
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yep not improper operation, just one of many user-selectable functions available through the menus. IMO it's cool to have options like this available so each owner can easily customize their car to behave the way they want- you don't care for the auto-locking so you can turn it off, while I like it and keep it on.
One of the first things I do when I get a new (or new to me) vehicle is to read the owners manual at least once cover-to-cover. That way I become familiar with all of the features and oddities and avoid surprises. I also keep a copy of the manual on my phone so I can easily refer to it any time wherever I am.

·
Administrator
7,871 Posts
But your car has a printed copy in the glove compartment and you can refer to it even if your phone is dead! :LOL:

But having an easily searchable electronic copy makes it easier to find some of the stranger information.

Yep not improper operation, just one of many user-selectable functions available through the menus. IMO it's cool to have options like this available so each owner can easily customize their car to behave the way they want- you don't care for the auto-locking so you can turn it off, while I like it and keep it on.
One of the first things I do when I get a new (or new to me) vehicle is to read the owners manual at least once cover-to-cover. That way I become familiar with all of the features and oddities and avoid surprises. I also keep a copy of the manual on my phone so I can easily refer to it any time wherever I am.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yes of course. ;)
But sometimes I may want to look something up when I'm not in the car. I also keep it on my desktop PC.
And for really good measure, I do the same with the service manual. I actually have a copy on a tiny USB stick clipped inside the manual package in the glovebox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts