Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Lamborghini doors, undercarriage neon lights, massive 18" sub, ultra Xenon headlights, strobe fog lamps, turbo unit that allows 2' flames from your pipes ... Let's go all the way!!!
I was with you until you said 18" sub...

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Thats sweet. Are the hinges for sale? Hehehe
They come free with the car! :p

I think the whole Lambo door thing is kind of a funny debate. If we all drove Lamborghini's, do you think we would be having the same discussion about doing the "Ford" door mod? :giggle:

If you like it, I say go for it! In some ways, it is more practical than trying to Houdini yourself out of this car in a tight parking spot! And it is definitely eye-catching.

But as far as the reverse-hood idea, I guess it would be a novelty for car shows alright, but not very practical. All the service items are set up for access the way the lid opens now. Plus, the hood and its attachment system (hinges and latch) are part of the engineered vehicle safety system. Altering it may affect crumple zones. But, OTOH, people install CF hoods on their DD's, which will have the same effect. So, maybe I'm just being prudish.

Oh, and Majestic, look at your avatar. Your car has a coolant leak (or your neighbor's dog did something bad!). LOL

Off to cause havoc on another thread . . .

·
Ridin' Nerdy
3,576 Posts
See ... Lamborghini doors on a CRZ does look good. Hehehe ...
It is all considered on personal preference... Some say bad, some say good, and then some just go "eh".

It is a viewers observation more say with the Lambo doors here. I wouldn't mind them or something similiar only because arsehats around in Florida park like idiots and with such a huge door, I have to manuever my way out without hitting their car or messing up my door. So of course, like every product for our car, there are pro's and con's.

Just how you want to look at and whether or not you like them. That's all that matters!

Haters going to hate!!!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tbot ..l just took my ride today. Came back to park at the apartment and had to move the car so the door clear a pillar on the driver's side. LOL! Never had that sort of problem with my sedan!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I guess for me, being so small, this type of hinge wouldn't help me very much. You have to open the door almost, if not all the way, to the first "click" to push the door up. And at the first click, I can quite easily get out of my car.

As for looks, I loved lambo doors for a while. I thought they were really cool, and I had always wanted them on my first car. After reading about them and how difficult it is to get them to fit correctly and how they greatly shorten the life of the door, I changed my mind. Maybe in the past couple years they've developed it far enough to where there are zero issues with them, but I'm still a little skeptical. Aftermarket hinges just make me a little nervous.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Yeah every lambo door kit I've seen you have to open the door a good amount normally, and then push them up. Then later the hydraulics wear out and won't hold the door, aligning the doors to close properly is a PITA, ect.

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Spydaman ... Wow nice new character for Transformers IV or could be good speed brakes!
Yeah, but I bet you'd get less water in the cabin this way, getting in or out in the rain! LOL !

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mountie Man ... I had a late dinner tonight, someone parked pretty close to me in an oblique angle, the car's front left bumper was close to the back portion of my driver side door (we are right hand drive here) .... I wish I had Lamborghini doors then! Could not wait to come back and post this!!!

·
CR-Z Forum Librarian
7,150 Posts
Hey, while you are doing the hood and doors, maybe you could add the hatch to your modding list as well:

Jaguar C-X16 concept. Also a hybrid, incidentally.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts