Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
Best source for OEM parts is Genuine OEM Honda Parts and Accessories Online - Honda Parts Now but remember the door handles are unique to CR-Zs and therefore you need to obtain from the dealership parts network. There is a whole thread on the known door handle issue and none of the places you listed will have them.

Another option is for used https://www.redlineautoparts.com/honda-cr-z/ but they may not be any better than yours.

Here is the parts thread I mentioned Door Handle Parts Thread
I have added your posting to this thread. You can try to google search by part number and you may find a deal.There are online parts sources( one example https://www.carparts.com/ or similar) but you need the part number and your VIN. Others may have better sources but Low volume, rare unique car with unique parts you may have to bite the bullet and search the online dealers using the parts thread part numbers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, each color is a different part number but only the end of the number(last letter) which indicates Colour as you say there. As I am in US and my usual source of part numbers is too so I am unable to find the UK part numbers. :(

The site I use for US is Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts does an equivalent site exist there?
Thank you for your info. When I research the reviews for Hondapartsnow.com they are 75% bad with nearly a universal 1 star out of 5. In fact, every online Honda parts website has much the same issue as this one, according to the reviews. Customer service is terrible and the return policy is nearly impossible. All shipping regardless of who's fault it is falls to the customer. There are terrible restocking fees regardless if the part is damaged or the wrong part sent. Almost all said they would much rather pay dealer prices than go through these personless online parts websites.
I am VERY hesitant to go this route.
What has your experience been with hondapartsnow.com? How often have you used them and what was the average outcome?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Thank you for your info. When I research the reviews for Hondapartsnow.com they are 75% bad with nearly a universal 1 star out of 5. In fact, every online Honda parts website has much the same issue as this one, according to the reviews. Customer service is terrible and the return policy is nearly impossible. All shipping regardless of who's fault it is falls to the customer. There are terrible restocking fees regardless if the part is damaged or the wrong part sent. Almost all said they would much rather pay dealer prices than go through these personless online parts websites.
What has your experience been with hondapartsnow.com? How often have you used them and what was the average outcome?
I've ordered parts from them in the past, and have been getting the right parts and in a timely fashion. The best place to go for genuine Honda parts is to go to the local Honda dealer and get to know the parts/service people there. After they realize you're a regular customer, they'll cut you a break on the price (and you won't have to pay for shipping.) I always go to hondapartsnow website to lookup the parts and get the part number and their price; take the list to my local parts guy, and ask if they can get close to the price of the online source. I do order a lot of parts, and let them know I'll always come back to them for ALL my parts in the future, and they know I actually buy some parts that I'd otherwise do without, if I wasn't getting a price break. Some such parts include new trim pieces to replace broken, cracked, faded, or otherwise worn out parts to keep the car "as new"--along with the parts I actually NEED (non-cosmetic) for regular maintenance.... :) Works for me, and they are always eager to help, since I'm a frequent customer.

·
Premium Member
8,364 Posts
All parts I ever ordered from them arrived and were correct. The issue we are having and will have is the car is discontinued and it is in some cases more than 10 years old so they are not required to have parts available anymore. From recent research there is no requirement other than warranty for parts avilability. For Model Specific Unique parts this is an issue. The door handles fall into this category. The good news is the parts ( except for color) are the same for all years so still available. As for this web site and websites in general I agree with @litz is better to make a personal relationship with a supplier.

The best thing about that site is being able to look up the correct part number once you have that you can search by part number to ensure you get the right part. Worst place to search is E-Bay many more issues with suppliers there.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Very nice to have all part numbers clearly listed in one place. One small remark, the “(LHS)” and “(RHS)” in the list for EU is switched around for driver/passenger side. Maybe it’s good to fix this to prevent confusion. :)

Furthermore, I wanted to ask if anyone knows a website that sells door handles and ships to Europe? The US website that sell the door handles don’t seem to ship to Europe.

·
Registered
'12 GT and '10 GT-Navi (both MT)
33 Posts
Very nice to have all part numbers clearly listed in one place. One small remark, the “(LHS)” and “(RHS)” in the list for EU is switched around for driver/passenger side. Maybe it’s good to fix this to prevent confusion. :)

Furthermore, I wanted to ask if anyone knows a website that sells door handles and ships to Europe? The US website that sell the door handles don’t seem to ship to Europe.
I would recommend impex Japan IMPEX JAPAN — online new genuine spare parts shop or amayama Genuine Japanese Car Part Imports - Amayama

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just wanted to share something I saw on AliExpress. Note that I haven’t bought these door handles, but it stood out to me, because it seems to be made from metal when looking at the pictures. If this is true, then aftermarket door handles like these might be a good alternative. Especially, when Honda ever discontinues the door handles.

Link to door handles on AliExpress

Of course, if anyone bought these, please share your findings! :)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I just wanted to share something I saw on AliExpress. Note that I haven’t bought these door handles, but it stood out to me, because it seems to be made from metal when looking at the pictures. If this is true, then aftermarket door handles like these might be a good alternative. Especially, when Honda ever discontinues the door handles.

Link to door handles on AliExpress

Of course, if anyone bought these, please share your findings! :)
Plastic can be faux-chromed; good guess that's what that is. Clearly not machined billet so if it was metal then the individual parts would be cast (as injection molded ABS/plastics and cast aluminum/steel yield similar mold marks on the surface finish).

But on the upside the plastic mold has been copied which means significantly cheaper replacement handles and will likely be around longer than the OEM Honda supply. They likely went with that finish for the 'oooo shiny'-factor as well as not needing to paint every available body color.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Plastic can be faux-chromed; good guess that's what that is. Clearly not machined billet so if it was metal then the individual parts would be cast (as injection molded ABS/plastics and cast aluminum/steel yield similar mold marks on the surface finish).

But on the upside the plastic mold has been copied which means significantly cheaper replacement handles and will likely be around longer than the OEM Honda supply. They likely went with that finish for the 'oooo shiny'-factor as well as not needing to paint every available body color.
Damn, didn’t think of this. Thanks for the info! :)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts