Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I sat up most of last night trying to work out what door handle I need for my white UK RH drive CRZ. I need the passenger side, which I believe is part 72181-SZT-G01ZC and the drivers side is 72141-SZT-003ZC.

First of all, can anyone confirm these part numbers please as I found it a real pain trying to work them out and I never quite got it 100pc confirmed.

Secondly - given the prevalence of this issue I think it's worth documenting and stickying this thread for future reference. I'm happy to write up which part is for what car and do the leg work if other members don't mind marking my homework.

Cheers.

Edit - updated with all part numbers as promised - with thanks to nibbles360 for the help with this:

Right-Hand Drive (UK, JAP, MAL etc)
Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZA = horizon turquoise pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZA = horizon turquoise pearl

Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZB = deep sapphire blue pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZB = deep sapphire blue pearl

Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZC = premium white pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZC = premium white pearl
Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZD = storm silver metallic
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZD = storm silver metallic

Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZE = crystal black pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZE = crystal black pearl
Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZF = dark pewter metallic
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZF = dark pewter metallic

Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZG = milano red
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZG = milano red

Passenger (LHS) - 72181-SZT-G01ZH = brilliant orange metallic
Driver (RHS) - 72141-SZT-003ZH = brilliant orange metallic

Left-Hand Drive (EUR, USA etc)
Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZA = horizon turquoise pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZA = horizon turquoise pearl

Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZB = deep sapphire blue pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZB = deep sapphire blue pearl

Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZC = premium white pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZC = premium white pearl
Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZD = storm silver metallic
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZD = storm silver metallic

Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZE = crystal black pearl
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZE = crystal black pearl
Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZF = dark pewter metallic
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZF = dark pewter metallic

Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZG = milano red
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZG = milano red

Passenger (LHS) - 72141-SZT-G01ZH = brilliant orange metallic
Driver (RHS) - 72181-SZT-003ZH = brilliant orange metallic

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Yes, each color is a different part number but only the end of the number(last letter) which indicates Colour as you say there. As I am in US and my usual source of part numbers is too so I am unable to find the UK part numbers. :(

The site I use for US is Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts does an equivalent site exist there?

I think I still have the Honda packaging for my UK drivers side handle, so can post a pic of that, to help build the thread. Handles come colour coded to your car, so there might be lots of small variations in codes depending on colour?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You'd have to do the forum search but I'm pretty sure someone posted a diy for door handle replacement. Maybe you can combine the threads. Although I guess the handles probably are different, since the keyholes are on opposite sides of the car.

·
Registered
'12 GT and '10 GT-Navi (both MT)
33 Posts
@Andysan the numbers you have are correct for the UKDM model.

Here are the part numbers:

RHD (UK, IE, etc.): Driver's: 72141-SZT-003ZA; Passenger's: 72181-SZT-G01ZA
LHD (US, EU, etc.): Driver's: 72181-SZT-003ZA; Passenger's: 72141-SZT-G01ZA

Last letter is the colour code:
A = horizon turquoise pearl
B = deep sapphire blue pearl
C = premium white pearl
D = storm silver metallic
E = crystal black pearl
F = dark pewter metallic
G = milano red
H = brilliant orange metallic

sources:
1) DOOR LOCKS/OUTER HANDLE for Honda Cars CR-Z THIS IS 3 Doors 6 speed manual 2011 # HONDA CARS - Genuine Spare Parts Catalogue
2) DOOR LOCKS/OUTER HANDLE for Honda Cars CR-Z THIS IS 3 Doors 6 speed manual 2011 # HONDA CARS - Genuine Spare Parts Catalogue

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Thank you so much for doing this! I had an odd thought would it be possible to have the key mechanism on both sides if you obtained all the required parts? I hate the fact only one door has the back up mechanical lock.

@Andysan the numbers you have are correct for the UKDM model.

Here are the part numbers:

RHD (UK, IE, etc.): Driver's: 72141-SZT-003ZA; Passenger's: 72181-SZT-G01ZA
LHD (US, EU, etc.): Driver's: 72181-SZT-003ZA; Passenger's: 72141-SZT-G01ZA

Last letter is the colour code:
A = horizon turquoise pearl
B = deep sapphire blue pearl
C = premium white pearl
D = storm silver metallic
E = crystal black pearl
F = dark pewter metallic
G = milano red
H = brilliant orange metallic

sources:
1) DOOR LOCKS/OUTER HANDLE for Honda Cars CR-Z THIS IS 3 Doors 6 speed manual 2011 # HONDA CARS - Genuine Spare Parts Catalogue
2) DOOR LOCKS/OUTER HANDLE for Honda Cars CR-Z THIS IS 3 Doors 6 speed manual 2011 # HONDA CARS - Genuine Spare Parts Catalogue

·
Registered
'12 GT and '10 GT-Navi (both MT)
33 Posts
Thank you so much for doing this! I had an odd thought would it be possible to have the key mechanism on both sides if you obtained all the required parts? I hate the fact only one door has the back up mechanical lock.
I guess it's likely possible, but I'm not certain as I haven't opened up my door to see the locking mechanism yet. Not sure whether it would be easy to get a second key lock for your car as won't it have to be made specifically for your car/key?

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
A proper Locksmith can re-key a lock to match an existing key. If worse comes to worse you have all Cylinders replaced. Just curious if possible but the base information here should help future owners with the issues .

I guess it's likely possible, but I'm not certain as I haven't opened up my door to see the locking mechanism yet. Not sure whether it would be easy to get a second key lock for your car as won't it have to be made specifically for your car/key?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Looking at the parts diagram you might need to get the corresponding cylinder part from the other market as well to have both sides have key cylinders. The US parts diagram labels the door handle key cylinder as "L" (left door obviously), which implies the right side cylinder part for the RHD may be different (though it'd be nice if they were the same then you'd only need the exterior door handle with the key hole to have both side key-entry).

Any of UK members have the part number for the cylinder? US part number is 72185-SZT-A01

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for their replies, especially nibbles for providing what is essentially all of the relevant parts codes. For anyone in the UK, Honda UK wanted £140 for each door handle, or they are available on amayama.com for fifty bucks (ish) plus shipping.

If anyone can eyeball the list in the original post just in case I've made a misstep please - I did write some code to generate the list so hopefully there are no errors, but I did get a bit cross eyed looking at it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks everyone for their replies, especially nibbles for providing what is essentially all of the relevant parts codes. For anyone in the UK, Honda UK wanted £140 for each door handle, or they are available on amayama.com for fifty bucks (ish) plus shipping.

If anyone can eyeball the list in the original post just in case I've made a misstep please - I did write some code to generate the list so hopefully there are no errors, but I did get a bit cross eyed looking at it!
I put a couple of part numbers for my 2011 crz in that site’s search They came back permanently out of stock. I search for Honda CR-Z in the list lots of Honda models but no CR-Z. Wired.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
If in US for a US car use this site for part numbers and Purchase. I have used it and ordered and they are reliable.

I put a couple of part numbers for my 2011 crz in that site’s search They came back permanently out of stock. I search for Honda CR-Z in the list lots of Honda models but no CR-Z. Wired.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Go to the link I posted above put in your year and you should be able to figure out the correct part number for your color if you have this issue. The newer ones have less of this issue than the 2011-12 models.
I did the search for you here are the part numbers for the only blue listed for 2016. Code G. 2016 all the colors are changed so to get this information I had to search by your year. 2016 is the bastard last year where many things were changed so you must make sure you order by the part number and specify 2016 or you will get a red handle!

What about the 2016 blue color?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I am trying to find a reasonable price for some parts on the Driver's side door Latch assembly, and the L outer door handle assembly for my 2011 Honda CR-Z in Milano Red.
I have searched Autozone, O'Reilly's, Napa, and my nearest pic and pull without success. No one seems to carry these parts or able to order them except the dealer. The dealer is charging $330 for the door latch assembly and $204 for the handle assembly L Front Door. Labor was quoted at $450.00.
Is it really necessary to pay $500 in parts just for my door to open and close from the outside?
Has anyone experienced the troublesome door issues on these cars, and how did you work through this problem?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts