Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2013 Honda CR-Z w/ HPD supercharger
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Parallel Screenshot Electric blue Rectangle

If you spend thousands of dollars on a kit and want to do it right, don't PM people asking for their tunes they spent money on for FREE. If you don't know exactly what they even did you risk losing all of that investment because you wanted to save pennies. That's cheap and rude.

· Premium Member
6,307 Posts
...uhhhh, I was thinking the bonus of getting the HPD supercharger, was that you get your ECU flashed with the HPD tune included.

On an unrelated matter, I have the HPD supercharger, but didn't get the HPD exhaust, so if someone out there wants to give me theirs, I'll cover shipping. :)

· Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...uhhhh, I was thinking the bonus of getting the HPD supercharger, was that you get your ECU flashed with the HPD tune included.

On an unrelated matter, I have the HPD supercharger, but didn't get the HPD exhaust, so if someone out there wants to give me theirs, I'll cover shipping. :)
The power from the kit is a bit lower with the HPD tune is conservative so a custom tune will make more power. But you do get a neat emblem.

· Modified 2016
1,537 Posts

You missed out on one when M33DO sold his 11 with an HPD exhaust.

Reactions: litz

· Modified 2016
1,537 Posts
I shared my tune for the Sprintex with @96firephoenix but ther setup was so similar that his car ran fine on my tune. I do have to agree on not sharing a tune of you have a completely different fuel setup then the other person.

· Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I shared my tune for the Sprintex with @96firephoenix but ther setup was so similar that his car ran fine on my tune. I do have to agree on not sharing a tune of you have a completely different fuel setup then the other person.
Nevermind I had the best Honda performance shop in the country tune it on and off the dyno for more than two days. I paid for more than 8 hours alone for the 93 tune, so you do the math on how much that costs.

· Premium Member
9,067 Posts
Unfortunately this is what the world has come to. Theft of intellectual property by making replicas and stealing things like this. No one values anyone's work anymore, all they care about is themselves and getting whatever for the lowest cost ( free) as possible. Those that do this and buy replicas encourage more of it. I have seen more and more of this over the last few years especially in the software and music fields. We need to protect the copyright holders. Theft is still theft.

· Registered
2,819 Posts

You can have mine. Oh wait, No You Can't! :ROFLMAO:

· Premium Member
'14 Energetic Yellow 6MT Panoroof Parking Sensors
137 Posts
Lol, this is like 90% of the Honda scene all over from what I've experienced in my 10+ years being part of it.

There's a reason we are running Hondas and not something expensive that costs more than our entire car to fix. Too many broke boys forgetting the mantra of maintenance before mods.

· Registered
2,819 Posts
Aren't all of those HPD exhaust kits sold out? Parts websites still list them but I had a feeling that everybody snagged those exhausts while they could.
I was fortunate enough to find mine just slightly and ever so gently used on this very forum. And promptly cut off those beautiful tips so I could keep my tow package. There may be a few brand new ones out there for the very diligent AND lucky.

· Volunteer Admin
2011 CRZ EX, and 2011 CRZ Mugen 060/300
6,185 Posts
I’ve had people ask me for a copy of Romiata’s tune. I gave it to a close crz friend with a sprintex, and only one rando actually paid for me a copy 💰 The rest wanted it for free

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.