Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the passenger side dome light stopped coming on with the door open, and when you push the lens...it just flickers now....the driver side dome light works normal...i'm confused...its not the bulb, i already tried a new one... any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
hmmmz... yeah that looks like it will secure the bulb pretty well so no chance of it flickering form that :p

i'd take it to the dealer to get checked out... also, i'd suggest this to anyone who has an on/off issue with their car to video record whatever it is for proof of this... sometimes u will take a car to the dealership for them to look at and just your luck it works fine and they don't see a problem... meanwhile, you get home and it's doing it again... so record if u can just in case this happens...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Keep us informed. After the dealer handles it, ask them what the problem was so that we can have the knowledge about the problem later on.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
hmmmz... yeah that looks like it will secure the bulb pretty well so no chance of it flickering form that :p

i'd take it to the dealer to get checked out... also, i'd suggest this to anyone who has an on/off issue with their car to video record whatever it is for proof of this... sometimes u will take a car to the dealership for them to look at and just your luck it works fine and they don't see a problem... meanwhile, you get home and it's doing it again... so record if u can just in case this happens...
Good idea! I HATE it when a car won't reproduce the issue and they send you home with no fix.:angry:

·
Registered
419 Posts
This happened to me a month ago, I havent brought it in to the dealer yet because I'm gonna wait till my oil change is due....I am so sick of it though. First it was just the passenger now its both and the rear dome lights do squat in terms of up front lighting I've had to resort to my phone light now

·
CORRUPT
2,351 Posts
There is no way you could "fry" the entire dome light circuit. Only the "door open" circuit could get potentially fried as some of that is on a printed circuit board, but the dome lights are connected directly to battery power via a separate connector and have a local ground on the roof. Even if the light switch module were completely removed, the dome lights are still able to plug in and work.

You need a bulb or a fuse.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Fuse and bulb won't fit it Item, this is happening on my car right now. With replaced LED's, and replaced fuses. I will need to take it in and see what the problem is, most likely it's just a simple wire or part of the circuit board. But instead of fixing the board, or course they will just replace it. Also, need to get mine checked for issues with the VSA, can't cut it off/on...same issue with this or no OP?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.