Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know to replace the old one because the air bag was activated.
Just in the mean while
If not jazz or insighte then what does?

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
When an Airbag is deployed you do not have to replace the steering wheel you just have the airbag replaced. If you have collision insurance it is usually covered. They were in short supply during the recall not sure if they still are. Car can be driven with a deployed airbag just remove all the pieces.

Below is the part number if you need to order one. They are expensive. No matter what year I searched for the part number was the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's just to sell to a dealer I don't really need a new air bag just a replacement steering wheel.
To sell to a dealer i just need to make sure it drives and have a wheel, not even the original.
Just something that will fit

·
Super Moderator
7,355 Posts
Not sure what the law is there but faking an airbag is illegal here. If you had an accident with the car why not just fix it the right way or sell it as is take the loss and the dealer that buys it will replace the airbag.

Hiding the fact the car no longer has an airbag is illegal everywhere. If all he wants to do is part it out or rebuild it then it has a steering wheel it can be driven and it will be obvious the airbag is gone. If he truly does not care he will simply just drive it as is and do what he is going to do. All of your discussion makes it obvious you are trying to hide the fact the airbag was deployed.

Technically all you need is an Airbag cover.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not illegal where I'm from, he doesn't care, it's just so he can drive away.
Then he just sells it for parts or rebuilding it

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
According to some of the cheap steering hub adapters it does look like the Fit(Jazz)/CR-Z share the same part which would indicate steering column spline compatibility (but nothing more). But this is by no means 100% confirmed fitment (nor endorsed or supported).

The car is drivable with a blown airbag.
Yeah I agree. This is weird and not making a lot of sense. Its certainly drive-able with deployed SRS ('operable' vs. 'non-op' in the automotive salvage field). If it's going to be rebuilt then OEM steering wheel and replace the inflator and cover/bag assembly; there's plenty around. The reasoning for the question stated here isn't making much sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts