Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Capt'n Jack
9,499 Posts
Do you guys that Honda will put the new Lithium batteries (which are lighter) that they are gonna use in the 2012 9th gen Civic hybrid? =O
:hi5:
tat wud be pretty interesting =D
im new too =D nice to meet you all !~
Would like them to use the LiON to let the IMA use its full capability and give the generator a performance boost. We'll see.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Do you mean put them in the existing crz? no.
I was thinking about how it would be cool if we could just buy the lithium pack and bolt it under the car and plug it in. But really, I think the lithium would need completely different controllers, chargers, ecu programming, etc.
It was a big hope of mine from the beginning too, but thinking about it more, it could be complex.
Not to say it won't eventually happen via aftermarket. But I wouldn't expect it soon.

I would expect the next crz release to have them, if there is one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean put them in the existing crz? no.
I was thinking about how it would be cool if we could just buy the lithium pack and bolt it under the car and plug it in. But really, I think the lithium would need completely different controllers, chargers, ecu programming, etc.
It was a big hope of mine from the beginning too, but thinking about it more, it could be complex.
Not to say it won't eventually happen via aftermarket. But I wouldn't expect it soon.

I would expect the next crz release to have them, if there is one.
yes yes the CRZ oops forgot to put it in :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
I think it is possible..... Especially if they come out with an "Si" or type "R". They will need to do something with a larger electric motor because from what I have been reading the current battery is just adequate enough if not slightly less than depending how you drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.