Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m getting offered 2014 megan racing or tien coilovers, which would be the best choice? BUT do 2014 fit 2011??

·
Registered
592 Posts
so short answer, yes.

although honda has changed some springs and shocks around throughout the years.

most manufacturers list their coilovers to fit 2010+ (including Tein and Megan Racing). only the 2016 got a wider rear torsion beam, all other years prior should be pretty much the same as far as the core suspension components go.

be sure to consider the road conditions and driving style if this car is your daily driver. the tein monoflex might be a bit harsh for someone looking for simply dropping the ride height. the super streets are a good basic street coilover with some adjustability. i believe the only set Megan Racing makes for the CRZ are the EZ STREETS, and yes they fit as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
need help

I was going through the 146 pages of wheel fitment. I want to get some 18x8 but I'm confused on the offset. i was looking at +45 but i just want my rims to sit clean flush. I'm trying not to rub and i really don't care about going crazy with widths I'm lowered on a eibach pro kit. i already decided on 215 40 18 but the offset is killing me I'm looking at enkei ts9 thanks if anyone can help me

·
Registered
592 Posts
18x8 +45 is pretty much on the mark as far as the wheel face (rim) being flush with the front fender. tire choice and ride height will determine the rest as far as rubbing goes. unless you have a 2016, the rear wheel will sit sunken about 20mm no matter what. unless you run staggered wheels, most have put a spacer on the rear to fill the gap (not recommended if you plan to run same size tires all around, or for ease of tire rotation without dismounting tires)

215 40 r18 would be fine on a 18x8 +45

1 - 4 of 4 Posts