Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im set on the wheels i want for the crz. they are ASA AR1's! i want the gloss black, so no matter what i will get them powder coated. but i cant decide if i want the 17's or the 18's. im also going to be getting some eibach pro springs and was wondering if the 17's or 18's would rub at all? if the 18's wont rub, ill go with those!! thank you!!

ASA AR1 Black w/Mach Lip

· Registered
2,488 Posts
rubbing is dependent on offset and drop height. When you get a larger diameter wheel you usually get a thinner profile tire so the overall diameter of the package is similar. rubbing happens with low offsets after youre dropped because the wheel is closer to the fender. With the Eibach springs you wont be dropped a lot so if you keep the offset close to the stock +45 you should be fine.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rubbing is dependent on offset and drop height. When you get a larger diameter wheel you usually get a thinner profile tire so the overall diameter of the package is similar. rubbing happens with low offsets after youre dropped because the wheel is closer to the fender. With the Eibach springs you wont be dropped a lot so if you keep the offset close to the stock +45 you should be fine.

would this be a perfect fit and look good?
Size: 17x7.5
Offset: 45mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size: 205/45-17 :p

· Registered
3,036 Posts
would this be a perfect fit and look good?
Size: 17x7.5
Offset: 45mm
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size: 205/45-17 :p
That is basically the same size wheel / offset I am running... and while I haven't lowered the car yet, I know it will fit (been done with others, including the Eibach racer). I am running 225's though... so a little bit tighter....

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
15 - 20mm for flush with no rubbing.
Agree. But after you put the wheels on - Measure to figure out the best size spacer. Sites like H&R show you how or you can go to a local speed/custom shop and let them measure. On the 17" with 45 offset, it will most likely be 20MM as I have on mine. Go to a 48 offset and will definitely want to measure.

Eibachs are my recommendation to make it look good without dropping it so low as to overly personalize it. But with 205s might be able to take a larger drop - Swift etc. Do your research on the suspension thread, there are some pros and cons to a over 1" drop.

· Registered
2,488 Posts
Agree. But after you put the wheels on - Measure to figure out the best size spacer. Sites like H&R show you how or you can go to a local speed/custom shop and let them measure. On the 17" with 45 offset, it will most likely be 20MM as I have on mine. Go to a 48 offset and will definitely want to measure.

Eibachs are my recommendation to make it look good without dropping it so low as to overly personalize it. But with 205s might be able to take a larger drop - Swift etc. Do your research on the suspension thread, there are some pros and cons to a over 1" drop.
In the case where the offset changes from 45mm to 48mm the spacer would need to be 3mm thicker to make the wheels stick out the same. so the spacer would go from 20mm to 23mm. but yeah, if youre unsure how far you want them to stick out, measuring will never hurt.
:hi5:

· Capt'n Jack
9,491 Posts
awesome! thanks for the help guys! i was gonna go with coilovers instead of springs, but i dont feel like dropping a grand into those quite yet lol
Yea, depending on your situation, easier to drop a couple hundred on springs and see how you like em. Then maybe move up to coilovers later on.

At this point in time, I'm thinking the springs (for me) are working fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.