Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda wants to sell 15,000 CR-Zs in the US the first year. US has around 1000 Honda Auto dealers ? So we can expect dealers to get about 1 CR-Z every 3 - 4 weeks ? Maybe more for the big dealers and fewer for the small dealers ? SO the odds of me finding my Blue EX 6MT in the next couple months with only 2 dealers in town is slim? I guess I should start looking at other dealers within droving distance. the closest one I have found to me is about 450 miles away. UGH

·
Premium Member
5,333 Posts
exactly what i will be looking to buy... it might be difficult to find a 6MT let alone a Blue EX... usually if its a slightly larger dealership, they will get 3-4/month and if they aren't already allocated to get the one u want... you maybe could put a deposit down and request the color/trim... but be sure to get an approximate arrival date or just search other dealerships...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Honda wants to sell 15,000 CR-Zs in the US the first year. US has around 1000 Honda Auto dealers ? So we can expect dealers to get about 1 CR-Z every 3 - 4 weeks ? Maybe more for the big dealers and fewer for the small dealers ? SO the odds of me finding my Blue EX 6MT in the next couple months with only 2 dealers in town is slim? I guess I should start looking at other dealers within droving distance. the closest one I have found to me is about 450 miles away. UGH
I got mine last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blue EX 6-speed, I had to go a little over 100 miles to even find one, I'm in southern Indiana, I went to Cincinnati, By the time I got home average mpg was up to 42, now I'm off to take some pics....

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Blue EX 6-speed, I had to go a little over 100 miles to even find one, I'm in southern Indiana, I went to Cincinnati, By the time I got home average mpg was up to 42, now I'm off to take some pics....
Id be HAPPY to drive 100 miles to get the car I wanted. I just wish one was within 100 miles of me. :cry:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wanted a blue but I settled happily for black. There is so much blue lighting inside that it compensates. The glowing feet thing is pretty cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got one of those rare blue, EX non nav 6 speeds but it wasn't easy. Initially, I put down a deposit at a local dealer who said they could locate the car I wanted and have it delivered. They did find the car I was looking for at a dealer in Wilmington, NC, about 220 miles from where I live, but after waiting several days, it became apparent to me that there was a problem. I don't know how these dealer-to-dealer swaps work but in this case, I suspect that the dealer in Wilmington wasn't going to swap unless they got an identically configured car in exchange. So, I cancelled the deal with my dealer, called Wilmington and bought the car there. It was a little bit of a hassle, but it was fun to drive home and better yet, to get exactly the car I wanted. I love the Blue color, and can see no reason to pay an extra $1800 for a nav system when my $150 portable Garmin does just fine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wish I could be lucky enough to get mine that fast.

I figured ok a black car (like every other I've owned) would be easy to come by.

NO

:sigh:

Not to mention I want the 6mt navi. Just a few more weeks and its mine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looked at one yesterday in conway ar. Honda world. Didnt notice the shifter. Was checking out the blue 1st one i had seen. Ive seen1 blue, 1 white, 3 silvers. I bought a silver. Thats covering 3 dealerships. They just brought in a black one this weekend as well. I bet they would find you one. My dealerships usually jump you start talking about spending money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.