Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up!

I normally try to work with my local dealer as much as possible as their tax money etc go towards where I live.

If you're not looking to your local dealer however, don't forget our forum sponsors like College Hills Honda. They look to have good pricing and help to support our community.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dealers do have big markups on their accessories. As an example, the same CR-Z $695 (installed) armrest can be purchased for around $280 (shipping included) on ebay and slipping your Honda technician $50 on the down low to install it will save you on the approximate $125 cost for installation.

I don't really understand the markup myself and I work for a dealership. The best I can say is that the servicing and parts departments are seperate entities from sales. Honda makes profit from the dealership Parts Department who in turn makes profit from Sales, who in turn makes profit from the customer. So, by the time it reaches the point of sale for a customer, the pricing is just completely out of hand.

Sales installed cost on that same armrest was $511 whereas simply speaking to the head of my parts department got a match price to what ebay was charging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.