Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Read the the thread! Said u customized the r18 manifold, I'm assuming that would also work on ours??? And if so what exactly did you have to do? And what turbo flange sits on the r18 manifold?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This isn't my car...this is another member on fitfreak.net. He has been quite a prolific DIY'er for $50 SRIs, $60 axleback exhaust, and now a $1200 turbo set up.

The nuts and bolts of the turbo kit will fit the CRZ motor just the same...it's the same engine. The only question is whether the IMA system on the ECU will give the AEM piggyback fits...but, this shouldn't sway the ambitious from following in the same footsteps. Bisimoto pulled it off. I'm sure he would be glad to give some pointers once you got something off the ground.

There are alot of threads on this forum moaning about the lack of aftermarket SC or TC options. Well, here it is...no excuses anymore...go forth and boost!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Nice. It's great to see people go out of the box.

He did a nice job for $1,200 and actually knew what to do and how to defeat boost creep. He ported the crap out of the wastegate. He also matched the turbo's A/R well with the engine.

Like blackndecker said, I'm not sure what the AEM would do w/ IMA.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Honda has never combined the IMA and the ECU in any hybrid more than basic monitoring. If you look at the technical documentation, the sensors they share are very basic (rpm, ctemp, vss, etc.)

HPD has stated in press releases that they're two completely separate systems, which allows more granular tuning between the two. Bisi and other tuners have confirmed this by completely removing the IMA system from turbo CR-Zs.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
^ cool. thanks for the information.

good to know i guess but this leads me to wonder about tuning. if this is the case would any reflash be able to remap the IMA delivery? Maybe i should add this to the reflash / superchip thread.

·
Registered
379 Posts
EMS is my biggest worry with playing with the car. One thing to note about the greddy emanage and AEM fic is they are spotty at partial throttle. They only work when the car is reading from the maps rather than using the O2 sensor to adjust AFR

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
EMS is my biggest worry with playing with the car. One thing to note about the greddy emanage and AEM fic is they are spotty at partial throttle. They only work when the car is reading from the maps rather than using the O2 sensor to adjust AFR
You sir are correct. Aem is a fine solution for a small application running a little boost, def not good for a big turbo build.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well what I see it as is great for drag/track duty but not so much for everyday driving. I am really hoping hondata comes out with something in the next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.