Honda CR-Z Hybrid Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Depending on what you are replacing the emblems with this may not be what you need, but at least you will get to see what is under the factory emblems. Hope in some way this is helpful (even though it's a pretty simple process).

Inventory:
1 - Front Emblem
1 - Rear Emblem
1 - Roll of 3M double sided foam tape
1 - Scissors

Optional:
1 - Pliers
1 - Screwdriver
1 - Microfiber Cloth
1 - Bottle of Goo Gone

Front emblem replacement:

Original front emblem:

Cutting emblem adhesive with dental floss

Front Honda emblem indentation with two broken posts. Although I was able to remove the front emblem by snapping off the posts (the two white dots) with a screwdriver wrapped with a micro cloth, Please post if there is a better way to do this, as it was a rather pain. I tried several times to try and get it off nicely or through the back grill but was too lazy to take anything apart just for an emblem.

Finished front red Honda emblem installed. There were two posts that on the back of the new emblem that I snapped off with a pair of pliers, cause they didn't line up with the holes in the hood and used foam double sided tape to fill the indentation. The emblem came with an adhesive backing, but because it was slightly larger it did not sit flush with the hood without the foam tape.

Full front pix with new red Honda emblem

Rear emblem replacement:

Rear factory Honda emblem

Rear emblem void after removing factory emblem with dental floss. The rear was much easier than the front as there is only one piece of adhesive along the top and the emblem pins slip into the two white mounting hubs. No pin breakage was needed to remove rear emblem.

This is just a picture of me snapping off the new emblem guide pins.

New emblem with double sided foam tape applied. Probably made them a bit too long but didn't seem to cause much of an issue. I imagine it depends on the type of emblem you are installing and how flush you want the edge of the emblem to be. Since the tape fit in the indentation of the original emblem it didn't seem to matter and helped to level it off nicely.

New rear red Honda emblem installed

Full rear view with new red Honda emblem installed.
Was thinking of debadging as well, but still haven't decided.

Enjoy!

-Hoi
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow, that does look alot better. I like the way there's no gap between the sides of the emblem and the recessed space.

What exact emblem did you buy? I am afraid of wasting my money on one that doesn't fit or look as good.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Good stuff I'll be doing the same! I actually removed the hybrid badge with a heat gun, warning there's tons of tape so be ready to be there for a while with goo gone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I always tell the dealer that we can write up a year to year contract for payment for advertising. They always take the decal off.

I want a blue decal set I think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Either EP3 or FN2 as they look very similar in size. I've ordered the EP3 x2 as they are £25 each and the FN2 are £50 each lol Let you know how it goes when they arrive this week.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okay, suffice it to say, you don't need to break off the pins on the back emblem, and the replacement emblems. The front one though... I wasn't able to get the front one off without breaking it. And the little pin guides that are in the back can be removed and re-used. There are no pin guides in the front though.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.